Connect with us

Sports

Man City Threaten Real Madrid With Legal Action Over Erling Haaland

Published

on


Manchester City have released a strong statement after Real Madrid presidential candidate Enrique Riquelme claimed that he will sign Erling Haaland this summer if he’s elected.

Riquelme is going head-to-head with long-serving president Florentino Perez, and has made some outrageous promises if he is to win that battle this Sunday. Not only has he told fans that Haaland will be coming to the Bernabeu, but his Man City teammate Rodri, too.

Perez hasn’t been contested in his role since all the way back in 2004, but his opponent is pulling out all the stops to try and win the election. Riquelme has even stated that Jose Mourinho won’t be his manager, as he has another candidate in mind.

Manchester City Respond to Erling Haaland Claim

Manchester City's Erling Haaland looks on against Nottingham Forest

With Pep Guardiola now gone, speculation around Man City’s star players has ramped up in recent weeks. Riquelme claimed that a release clause was active in Haaland’s contract, and that the player ‘wants to join Real Madrid’.

“Haaland has a release clause and wants to join Real Madrid,” he told a Spanish TV channel. However, that claim has been refuted by the Etihad-based club, who now appear to be considering their options legally. A club statement read:

“The stories which have emerged from Spain regarding the future of Erling Haaland are FALSE.

“There is NO chance of this happening and there is no contractual clause to enable it. We are considering LEGAL ACTION for the use of our player image in this context.”


24 Players Born in England But Represent Other 2026 World Cup TeamsMixCollage-03-Jun-2026-11-31-AM-132


The 24 Players Born in England But Represent Other 2026 World Cup National Teams

England would have an unstoppable starting line-up if these players had chosen to represent the Three Lions

The Citizens’ complaint appears to come from the fact that the host of the show, Pablo Matos, displayed a Real Madrid shirt with the Norwegian’s name on the back of it. They have opted to take a strong stance in response.

Alf-Inge Haaland
Alf-Inge Haaland

Fabrizio Romano posted a statement from both Haaland’s agent, Rafaela Pimenta, and his father. Alf-Inge Haaland said: “All very entertaining but NOT true. We wish all the best for both candidates in the Real Madrid elections.”

It appears extremely unlikely that the Premier League Golden Boot winner will be going anywhere soon. The likes of Bernardo Silva and John Stones have already left Man City along with Guardiola. Haaland will be one of the leaders in the dressing room, looking to put an end to a two-year title drought.

He’d also face stiff competition in Madrid from Kylian Mbappe. Working out a way to play both forwards and Vinicius Junior would be an extremely difficult task. But by City’s account, one we won’t be seeing anytime soon.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Man Utd Must Hijack £40M Deal For ‘Special’ Hall Alternative

Published

on

By


Manchester United clearly still need a new left-back after learning Newcastle United’s stance on selling Lewis Hall.

Hall had been at the top of the Red Devils’ wishlist as they looked to give Luke Shaw competition but the Magpies have made it clear they don’t intend to sell. That is a real nuisance for Michael Carrick, who, as it stands, is heading into his first full season as manager with just two signings made.

INEOS were expected to be extremely busy this summer and started the window off well with the arrivals of Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans. Since then, it’s been quiet at Old Trafford with little transfer activity frustrating fans, and a 4-2 pre-season friendly loss to AC Milan made it clear Carrick needs more.

Man Utd Should Hijack Diouf Deal

El Hadji Malick Diouf in action for West Ham United

While a move Hall now looks to be off the cards, United should still be exploring the market for a new left-back. The solution is West Ham United’s El Hadji Malick Diouf, who looks likely to be on the move before the window closes on September 1st.

GIVEMESPORT’s senior correspondent Ben Jacobs reports that Brentford have resumed their pursuit of the Senegalese full-back. The issue is that there is a ‘gulf in valuation’ paving the way for other clubs to hijack the Bees’ move.

United should consider swooping for Diouf who impressed despite the Hammers’ relegation last season. A modern left-back who has pace, power and a fierce left-footed strike, he could prove to be an outstanding Hall alternative.

Diouf’s attacking qualities have earned plaudits since he arrived in English football last summer. At just 21, he is still young and could be the long-term Shaw replacement the Reds need to sign sooner rather than later.

El Hadji Malick Diouf (Premier League 2025-26)

Appearances

32

Starts

30

Assists

5

Tackles

43

Interceptions

32

Clearances

119

Fouls Committed

28

Yellow Cards

6

Red Cards

0

English presenter Jamie Boyce, a West Ham supporter, gave a glowing verdict on Diouf last season:

“El Hadji Malick Diouf is special. After watching him in just 5/6 games for West Ham, I genuinely think he’s one of the best players to ever wear the shirt.”

A deal for Diouf is said to cost around £40m (per TEAMtalk), much more reasonably priced than one for Hall, who’d likely cost at least £60-70m. If INEOS are wise, they wait and see how much Brentford is prepared to offer and enter the race at that ballpark.

Fees correct prior to summer 2026

All 10 found — excellent!

Man Utd Have To Make Three Signings

Jason Wilcox and Sir Jim Ratcliffe

United cannot start Carrick’s permanent reign and the new season back in the Champions League with just two additions made. It was widely reported that the club would be one of the busiest this summer but a lack of business has raised alarm bells with just a week until their opener against Hull City.

While a new left-back is a priority, so too should be a third midfield signing given Mason Mount’s recurring injury struggles. Santos and Tielemans are impressive acquisitions, but a powerful defensive midfielder should have been signed to address Casemiro’s departure.

There are also problems in attack with Benjamin Sesko set to start the season on the sidelines. The Slovenian’s backup, Joshua Zirkzee, has failed to convince and is linked with a return to Serie A.

If INEOS can deliver a new left-back, holding midfielder and striker, the mood will completely shift. But it is worrying that they haven’t landed a third signing since Tielemans was signed back on July 14th and the likes of Ipswich Town and Coventry City have outspent them.

Continue Reading

Sports

Arsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations

Published

on

By


Footage of two Arsenal players’ actions after their 2026 Community Shield triumph has emerged and sparked a big reaction from supporters online.

Arsenal were crowned Community Shield winners on Sunday afternoon after they dismantled Enzo Maresca’s Manchester City at The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

The Gunners came racing out of the blocks and took the lead inside the opening 30 seconds through Riccardo Calafiori.

Mikel Arteta’s side doubled their lead just before the half-hour mark when Kai Havertz’s header squeaked past Gianluigi Donnarumma.

Arsenal put the result beyond all doubt just after the half-time break courtesy of Martin Odegaard’s well-taken strike. There were no further goals as Arsenal cruised to a 3-0 victory.

Two Arsenal Players Watch On As Teammates Celebrate

Arsenal's Martin Odegaard lifts the trophy as he celebrates with teammates after winning the FA Community Shield Action Images via Reuters/Matthew Childs

Arsenal’s players and staff were delighted with their victory, and they jubilantly celebrated with the trophy after the final whistle. However, two players did not join in during the trophy lift.

Gabriel Martinelli and Ethan Nwaneri both played no part in Wales after being excluded from the squad. Both players have been linked with moves away during the summer.

It is believed that the club are trying to get rid of Martinelli, while Nwaneri, who made Arsenal history in 2022 when he became their youngest-ever player, has also been tipped to leave.

Arsenal fans are now convinced that the two players will depart north London this summer after footage showed them not joining in during the trophy celebrations.

As Arsenal’s players and staff were on the podium, Martinelli and Nwaneri kept their distance and watched on from the sidelines. They only joined the celebrations after being called over by Gabriel Magalhães.

The footage has sparked a big reaction from Arsenal supporters.

One fan said: ‘It’s very sad to watch this’, while another commented: ‘This is heartbreaking’. A third wrote: ‘This is not pleasant to see’, while a fourth stated: ‘This hurts my soul. The biggest reminder that football is a business’.

A fifth wrote: ‘Nah this is sad… without Ethan we would’ve finished 5th the season before last and Martinelli was scoring crucial goals to help get us to the Champions League final.’

Mikel Arteta Calls For Rule Change

Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) REUTERS/Chris Radburn

Teams are only allowed to name substitutes per match. Speaking after the match, Arteta slammed the rule and said teams should be able to name more players on their bench. He said:

“It’s really sad to not have their availability. I have been fighting with the Premier League to extend them and to accommodate more players in the squad. They deserve to be in the squad, there’s no question. Hopefully we can change that rule and players can enjoy on the pitch and be n option to play and contribute to the team as much as possible.”

Arsenal’s attention now turns to retaining their Premier League trophy. Their campaign gets underway on Friday evening when they welcome newly-promoted Coventry City to the Emirates Stadium.

Continue Reading

Sports

Mikel Arteta Demands Premier League Rule Change After Arsenal vs Man City

Published

on

By


Mikel Arteta has claimed he’s been ‘fighting with the Premier League‘ to make a significant rule change following Arsenal’s win against Manchester City in the Community Shield.

The English champions ran out comfortable winners as goals from Riccardo Calafiori, Kai Havertz and Martin Odegaard sealed a 3-0 victory at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff. The north Londoners were never in trouble after taking a first-minute lead, and look set to mount another title challenge.

Arteta had the likes of Bukayo Saka, Declan Rice and Viktor Gyokeres to call upon from his substitute bench, while the likes of Gabriel Martinelli, Gabriel Jesus and Ethan Nwaneri didn’t even make the matchday squad.

Mikel Arteta Wants the Premier League to Make Change

Mikel Arteta via Reuters

Despite the impressive squad depth displayed by the Gunners on Sunday afternoon, Arteta isn’t happy he has to leave some talented players out altogether. Martinelli, Jesus and Nwaneri have all been linked with moves away from the club this summer.

But Arteta explained that he would have liked to include the trio, as they all ‘deserve’ a place on the bench at least. “Really sad to not have their availability,” he said in his post-match press conference.

The Spanish coach claimed to have been fighting with lawmakers in the English top flight to allow more players in the matchday squad. Calling for a change to the current guidelines, which allow nine substitutes per team, he said:

“I have been fighting with the Premier League to extend them and to accommodate more players in the squad.

“They deserve to be in the squad. Hopefully we can change that rule.”

It’s not the first time he’s mentioned the same regulation, as Arteta pleaded with the Premier League to increase matchday squads from 20 players to 23 in January.

Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal) REUTERS/Hannah Mckay

Martinelli has been linked with a move to Galatasaray, but the Brazilian winger confirmed he wasn’t interested in pursuing a move to Turkey earlier this week. Despite that stance, a transfer away from the Emirates doesn’t appear to be off the cards following his Community Shield snub.

Jesus, meanwhile, is behind Havertz and Gyokeres in the pecking order. The former Manchester City forward is among the top earners at the club, meaning a move away could suit all parties. Fabrizio Romano confirmed Nwaneri is set to leave Arsenal too, after spending part of last season on loan at Marseille.

Continue Reading

Trending