Connect with us

Sports

Sean Strickland Held Nothing Back With X-Rated Tweet After UFC 330

Published

on


UFC Middleweight Champion Sean Strickland unleashed a brutal x-rated rant after being left fuming by what he saw during this past weekend’s UFC 330 event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The card at the city’s Xfinity Mobile Arena was headlined by Islam Makhachev’s unanimous decision victory over Ireland’s Ian Machado Garry. Strickland, like millions of fans around the world, tuned in to catch one of the biggest fights of the summer.

However, it was the actions of veteran coach Din Thomas on the UFC 330 post-show that sent the 35-year-old American into a rage.

Thomas has been known to perform analyst duties for the UFC on big shows, but was primarily working as a cornerman on Saturday night, overseeing Gillian Robertson’s world title bid against defending UFC Strawweight Champion, Mackenzie Dern, in the co-main event.

A decorated fighter in his prime, Thomas holds victories over popular UFC legends such as Matt Serra, Jens Pulver and Clay Guida.

However, he was unable to help steer Robertson to a victory. Dern held off a late surge from the Canadian to win via unanimous decision, in what was the inaugural defense of her title.

It was ultimately a disappointing night for Robertson, who had been on a five-fight winning-streak prior to taking on Dern. The challenger was beaten comprehensively in the first three rounds of the fight, just about surviving an opening round deep rear-naked choke. She made a late bid to turn the tide in the fifth and final round, but it was never going to be enough to take the win.

Speaking on the post-show, Thomas couldn’t hide his disappointment at the result and shocked his colleagues at the broadcast desk by making a surprise announcement about his future as a cornerman.

“I told myself I would continue to do this until I took Gillian as far as she could go,” Thomas stated on the live UFC 330 broadcast. I think that might be as far as she can go, and I am officially retiring from cornering fighters tonight,” the 49-year-old added.

While Thomas was undoubtedly emotional about the result, as it appeared he was putting down his fighter when she was at her lowest moment following a tough defeat in the biggest fight of her career.

Sean Strickland’s X-Rated Tweet After Watching UFC 330

Sean Strickland

Among those to have a major issue with Thomas’ handling of the situation was Strickland, who took to social media to call out the comments, pointing out that he had suffered setbacks in his career before going on to achieve greatness in the Octagon.

“Din Thomas is a f****** c***. I’ve had my ass kicked in multiple weight classes through my career and won two titles. You’re a d*******. It’s probably better you retire. You’re a s*** coach,” Strickland declared.

“You only lose when you quit… Din sounds like you’re a f****** loser!”

In the wake of Strickland’s tweet, Thomas has apologized for his comments, admitting he was “ashamed and embarrassed” by them.

Speaking about the controversy on the Deep Waters podcast, Thomas issued a full apology to Robertson, during which he stated:

“I selfishly stole her moment that night, and instead of congratulating her on her run, I stole her moment. And I want to apologize to her for that because I stole her moment, and I was completely wrong.

“I’ve always had your back, and I want you to know that I’m always here for you,” he told Robertson. “I’m always going to support you, and whatever you need, I’m always here for you, the same way I’ve been for you the last seven years when it was just us.”

As of now, though, Thomas has yet to indicate that he will return to coaching.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Why Wladimir Klitschko Has Full Custody of His Daughter With Hayden Panettiere

Published

on

By


US actress Hayden Panettiere passed away on Sunday in South Carolina at the age of 36, and the emotional reason behind her decision to give full custody of her daughter to former fiance Wladimir Klitschko has been revealed.

Panettiere, who starred in the shows Heroes and Nashville, died late last week, with the tragic news first broken by US broadcaster ABC News on Monday morning. The cause of death has not been given.

The actress was involved in a public relationship with former heavyweight boxer Klitschko between 2009 and 2018. In 2013, the couple announced their engagement, while a year later Panettiere gave birth to their daughter, Kaya Evodkia.

Hayden Panettiere Made a Painful Decision Over Custody of Her Daughter

Wladimir Klitschko and Hayden Panettiere Ina Fassbender via Reuters

After first becoming involved with each other in 2009, Panettiere and Klitschko split up in May 2011 due to the long-distance nature of their relationship. However, the pair rekindled their union in 2013, and just six months after reuniting, they announced their engagement in October of that year.

Just 14 months later, Panettiere gave birth to their daughter. The couple enjoyed four years together with Kaya, before splitting up again in 2018. Panettiere relinquished full custody of her child in the process, stating that this decision was related to her battle with substance addiction and postpartum depression.

“It wasn’t a decision I made lightly, nor was it a decision I even wanted to make,” she told parenting outlet Mome for its July edition.

“I was going through a really challenging time in my life… I knew I needed to be able to put her first so that I could get the help I needed and be the mum she needed me to be.”

Delving into her dependency on alcohol, she said: “I turned to wine, which ultimately ended up leading to an alcohol dependency. It was how I would get through each day.”

Writing in her memoir, ‘This Is Me: A Reckoning‘, which was released earlier this year, Panettiere described how difficult she found being separate from her daughter.

“Not being under the same roof with her every day has been the most gut-wrenching experience of my life, and it’s hard to describe the layers of emotion – including sadness, resentment, and anger – I’ve felt because of it.”

Back in 2024, the actress detailed the close relationship she had with her daughter at the time.

“I love my daughter, and I’m so proud of the young woman she is becoming,” she said (via the Manchester Evening News).

“I talk to her all the time, and I feel so connected to her. She’s like a mini-me.”

Profound tributes have flooded in from Hollywood co-stars, family and friends since news of her passing, honouring the actress’ legacy and talent.

Continue Reading

Sports

Man Utd in Talks With Championship Club to Sell Toby Collyer

Published

on

By


Manchester United are holding talks with West Bromwich Albion over a possible transfer for midfielder Toby Collyer, GIVEMESPORT sources understand.

Collyer spent last season on loan with the Baggies, but a calf injury saw him return to Old Trafford during the winter. He then headed back out on loan to their EFL Championship rivals Hull City but found game time hard to come by.

The 22-year-old’s United future has been in doubt since the start of the summer, with expectations that he’d depart, either temporarily or permanently. He looks likely to be handed the chance to return to the Hawthorns as the transfer window reaches its closing stages.

Man Utd in Talks to Sell Collyer

Manchester United defensive midfielder Toby Collyer in action
Toby Collyer

GIVEMESPORT sources understand that talks between United and West Brom are centered on a permanent exit rather than another loan. He is headed for the exit door despite featuring under Michael Carrick during pre-season, including in last week’s draw against Leeds United at Croke Park.

Collyer isn’t a product of the Red Devils’ academy as he joined their youth system from Brighton & Hove Albion in early 2022. He has failed to earn regular senior first-team football since making his debut under Erik ten Hag back in September 2024.

Man Utd transfer targets

Whether the English midfielder’s sale will result in a third midfield signing is unclear but there has been no indication that INEOS are preparing to move for a player in the middle of the park. Youri Tielemans and Andrey Santos arrived in July and they are the only two major additions to Carrick’s squad.

Collyer’s Time at Man Utd Is Up

Tody Collyer
Tody Collyer

Collyer showed glimpses of promise in the few opportunities he was handed at the senior level for United. He’s at a stage of his career where he needs more football, and it doesn’t seem likely he’ll receive minutes in Carrick’s team this season.

Another loan would just be delaying the inevitable given he’s already spent time developing elsewhere. The chance to realise his potential at West Brom, a club that could put up a decent fight for promotion, will surely appeal.

United’s decision might not appease Bruno Fernandes, who had talked glowingly of Collyer back in January 2025. He told MUTV:

“Toby is a great kid, he’s a great example of a professional… He’s a really good kid who wants to learn. He’s eager to learn, he’s eager to listen. He has big, big qualities – he’s aggressive off the ball, he’s aggressive running with the ball, he’s class in tight spaces. This is just the first few games that he’s getting in, he’s just going to get better.”

Toby Collyer (2025-26)

Club

Apps

Starts

Goals

Assists

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

West Bromwich Albion

12

3

0

1

0

0

Hull City

5

1

0

0

2

0

Total

17

4

0

1

2

0

United may be factoring in their interest in Leicester City’s Louis Page, whom they are said to be growing more confident of signing. While he’s still only 18, he is expected to be given a route to first-team football, much like Ayden Heaven.

Continue Reading

Sports

Arsenal to Step Up Osimhen Interest as Barcelona Eye Gyokeres

Published

on

By


Barcelona are reportedly set to explore a potential deal for Arsenal striker Viktor Gyokeres who could make way for Victor Osimhen.

The Swedish striker only joined the Gunners last summer, arriving from Sporting CP for £54.8 million. Signed to lead the line as a prolific number nine, he encountered a topsy-turvy debut season at the Emirates.

A new attacker remains a priority for Mikel Arteta after top target Vinicius Junior snubbed the Premier League champions and penned a new long-term deal with Real Madrid. The focus seems to have shifted from a winger, as GIVEMESPORT sources understand that conversations have been held with Galatasaray for Osimhen.

Barcelona To Come Calling For Arsenal’s Gyokeres

Viktor Gyokeres REUTERS/Hannah Mckay

According to Spanish journalist Jose Alvarez of El Chiringuito TV, Barca are expected to make a move to explore Gyokeres’ situation. The Catalans view the Swede as a replacement for Ferran Torres, who joined Paris Saint-Germain last week.

There hasn’t been much talk of Gyokeres leaving Arsenal this summer, given he’s only spent one year in North London. He started the 2025-26 campaign unconvincingly but grew as the season progressed, much to the delight of Arteta.

The Gunners boss called him ‘phenomenal’ after he scored a brace in a 4-0 win over Atletico Madrid in the Champions League’s league phase. He later hailed the 28-year-old for working hard and being rewarded with a superb run of form in April:

“Viktor has been working extremely hard, the level of demands he puts on himself are incredibly high. He always wants to learn, he’s always asking questions, he always wants to do extra things.”

Gyokeres didn’t start Arsenal’s 3-0 win over Manchester City in the Community Shield on Sunday. Arteta preferred Kai Havertz to lead the line and that might indicate that the former Coventry City frontman won’t be the starting number nine this season.

For Barca, it could hint that the North Londoners are prepared to do business for the Swede for the right price. Interest in Osimhen is also worth noting, and it makes sense for the English champions to sell Gyokeres and turn to the Nigerian.

Selling Gyokeres Would Surely Mean Osimhen Arrives

Victor Osimhen celebrating after scoring for Galatasaray against Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League

Osimhen would undoubtedly be an upgrade on Gyokeres and he might be the missing piece for Arsenal and their mission to win a first-ever Champions League trophy. They came agonisingly close last season, losing on penalties to PSG in the final.

That was another game that served as evidence that Arteta doesn’t truly trust the Swedish star, as he started on the bench. Swooping for Osimhen, you’re landing a guaranteed starting number nine who has been a massive success throughout his club career.

Viktor Gyokeres vs Victor Osimhen (domestic leagues 2025-26)

Gyokeres

Osimhen

Matches Played (Starts)

36 (26)

22 (19)

Minutes Played

2,224

1,707

Goals

14

15

Non-Penalty Goals

11

13

Penalty Goals (Att)

3 (3)

2 (2)

Assists

1

5

Goal Contributions (G+A)

15

20

Goals per 90 mins

0.57

0.79

Non-Penalty G/90

0.45

0.69

G+A per 90 mins

0.61

1.05

A Gyokeres sale could raise a decent fee that can be put towards a move for the Galatasaray striker. A deal is going to be expensive due to salary demands along with a transfer fee, as he joined the Turkish Super Lig club from Napoli for £63m in July 2025.

Continue Reading

Trending