Connect with us

Politics

‘Abuja politicians’ caused APC’s Osun election loss’ – Sule

Published

on


Nasarawa State Governor Abdullahi Sule has blamed the defeat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Osun State governorship election on what he described as interference by “Abuja politicians”.

Sule spoke on Tuesday in Lafia while presenting Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) acknowledgement slips to APC candidates contesting governorship and State House of Assembly seats in Nasarawa.

He said the APC would not have lost the Osun election if some politicians based in Abuja had not interfered.

“APC lost partly because of the Abuja politicians, you know, because if not for some of these Abuja politicians, there was no way for APC to lose in Osun,” he said.

The governor, however, said the election also demonstrated the strength of an incumbent governor.

He said those celebrating the APC’s defeat might not fully understand what the result means.

“So, for people who are celebrating, they don’t even understand what the hell they are celebrating. What they are celebrating is that the power of a sitting governor in Osun is what has stopped them from winning,” he said.

Sule also warned that Nasarawa has “one hell of a sitting governor”, apparently referring to himself.

Speaking about President Bola Tinubu, he said, “I’m not going to brag about anything that we are going to do, but what I can tell you is that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has done well.”

The governor urged APC candidates to avoid sycophancy, blackmail and activities that could weaken the party ahead of the 2027 elections.

“It is time, because politics actually involve, you know, a lot of sycophancy, blackmail, you know, underhand, and things like that. I’m begging you in the name of God, don’t get involved in that,” he said.

Sule also warned candidates against secretly supporting candidates from other parties while campaigning for the APC.

“When you are campaigning, campaign for APC. Don’t go with the drama that maybe I can actually campaign for myself and campaign for another candidate of another party, if you do that, you know, people will see. And the people that see, they are also going to make sure that they react to you in that manner,” he said.

“I don’t believe in this anti-party, I don’t believe in this realignment, I don’t believe in that. And I’m begging you also not to believe in the same,” he added.

He urged the candidates to “go out there and vote for the party that you believe in.”

The governor explained that the INEC acknowledgement slips confirm the candidates’ recognition by the electoral commission and allow them to check that their names are correctly spelt before ballot papers are produced.




dailypost.ng

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Court remands disqualified Ekiti APC guber aspirant over alleged defamation

Published

on

By


A Magistrate Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti has remanded the disqualified APC governorship aspirant in Ekiti State, Abimbola Olajumoke, in prison custody for one month over allegations of defamation, cyberbullying and kidnapping in a case instituted by the Chief Executive Officer of YSJ Agro-Allied Limited, Mrs. Yemisi Joluwe.

Chief Magistrate Abayin Adeosun had earlier granted Olajumoke bail but subsequently revoked the bail after she failed to appear in court at the next adjourned sitting, leading to her arrest and detention.

He adjourned the case till September 15.

When contacted by telephone, the plaintiff, who is the CEO of YSJ Agro-Allied Limited, Mrs. Yemisi Joluwe, said her decision to approach the court was aimed at seeking justice for the alleged damage to her reputation and the harm caused to members of her staff by the actions of the defendant.

She said: “At YSJ Farms, we have always welcomed constructive feedback and public scrutiny, as they help us grow and serve our community better. However, there is a clear distinction between a genuine complaint and a deliberate, malicious attempt to destroy a company’s hard-earned reputation.

“We filed this petition because the statements made by Abimbola Olajumoke were not only blatantly false but were specifically engineered to damage our corporate integrity. We have a duty to our investors, our employees and our customers to fiercely protect the YSJ brand from baseless slander.”

When asked whether the case would distract her from the company’s programmes, Joluwe said the day-to-day operations of the company had not been affected, adding that YSJ Farms remained fully focused on its agricultural mandate and on delivering quality produce to the market.

She said: “When false narratives are heavily amplified, it forces us to spend valuable time reassuring our stakeholders and partners. This lawsuit is actually a reassurance to those partners. It sends a strong message that our foundation is solid, our operations are transparent, and we will not allow anyone to compromise the trust we have built in the agricultural sector over the years, including its impact on the empowerment of youths in Ekiti State.

“Our primary goal is very simple: the complete restoration of the truth. We are seeking a formal retraction, a public apology and appropriate damages for the harm caused to our brand. Beyond YSJ Farms, this is about setting a standard for accountability.

“In this era of social media and instant communication, people must understand that words have weight and consequences. You cannot try to dismantle a legitimate business through falsehoods and expect to walk away unchallenged. We trust the judicial system to uphold the truth and set the right precedent.”

Speaking on reports concerning a kidnapping incident on the farm, Joluwe confirmed that the company maintains a strong partnership with security agencies to ensure the safety of its staff and management.

She said: “Let me be absolutely clear: YSJ Farms is an agricultural enterprise dedicated to empowering Ekiti youths and boosting food security. Security agencies are investigating the alleged involvement of Abimbola Olajumoke in the kidnapping and murder of our staff. We are determined to follow the process to a logical conclusion.

“The safety of our pioneer participants and new intakes is our absolute number one priority. The moment these malicious rumours surfaced, we immediately moved to reassure our workers and their families.

“We work very closely with local security agencies and the Ekiti State Government to ensure that all our farm clusters are secure environments. Our youths are currently at the farms, working diligently and earning their honest pay, and we are glad that the partnership is yielding positive results for Ekiti youths.”




dailypost.ng

Continue Reading

Politics

2027: SDP’s Adebayo faults Tinubu’s absence at National Peace Accord

Published

on

By


Prince Adewole Adebayo and President Bola Tinubu.

By Emmanuel Okogba

The presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Adewole Adebayo, has criticised President Bola Tinubu over his absence from the signing of the National Peace Accord ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Adebayo said Tinubu’s absence from Tuesday’s ceremony in Abuja could send the wrong signal about the President’s commitment to a peaceful electoral process.

The SDP candidate made the remarks during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

“President Tinubu not showing up today, he is showing that he is not committed to peace. He is sending a wrong signal to law enforcement, for the people who work for the government, that the President looks like he is not committed enough,” Adebayo said.

He urged the President to explain his absence and publicly reaffirm his commitment to the peace process.

“So, he needs to correct that by making a clear statement explaining why he is absent and making sure that he makes a statement committing himself to the peace process,” he said.

Adebayo argued that the President’s participation in the process was important to strengthening confidence in Nigeria’s democratic institutions.

“There is no issue of state grandeur than the President showing that democracy is important. There is no more national security than the continuity of the state,” he added.

The SDP candidate also recalled that former President Muhammadu Buhari attended the signing of the peace accord four years ago, despite not being a candidate in the election at the time.

“Four years ago he [Tinubu] was around, and President Buhari, who was not even contesting, was around. It is good for you as a leader that you believe in a peace process,” Adebayo said.

He also questioned the decision to have the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, George Akume, represent the President at the event.

“Oh please, this is an insult to the process. The SGF is not involved in the election. You have your Vice President who could come,” Adebayo said.

“I see that President Tinubu has been missing in action,” he added.

The National Peace Accord was signed in Abuja by presidential candidates and representatives of political parties ahead of the 2027 elections. The agreement, organised by the National Peace Committee, commits political actors to peaceful conduct and issue-based campaigns before, during and after the elections.

Among those who participated in the ceremony were Peter Obi, Omoyele Sowore and Donald Duke, while the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Joash Amupitan, and other stakeholders were also present.

Obi called for credible and violence-free elections and urged Nigerians to reject candidates who violate the terms of the agreement.

Amupitan, meanwhile, reaffirmed INEC’s neutrality and urged political parties to focus on policies rather than personal attacks.

“The election should be a marketplace of ideas, not a theatre of war,” he said.

The INEC chairman also said preparations were progressing for the deployment of about 1.4 million ad hoc personnel across more than 176,000 polling units.

Bishop Matthew Kukah also called on political leaders to ensure that elections translate into measurable improvements in the lives of citizens while encouraging greater public participation in the electoral process.


www.vanguardngr.com

Continue Reading

Politics

2027: Only Atiku can match Tinubu, opposition will die if steps down – Aide

Published

on

By


The Senior Political Assistant to the African Democratic Congress, ADC, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, Demola Olarewaju, on Tuesday said the momentum of the opposition would die if the former vice president stepped down from the presidential race ahead of 2027.

Olarewaju insisted that Atiku is the only candidate showing the capacity to match President Bola Tinubu locally and internationally.

Posting on X, he wrote: “Atiku steps down now and opposition momentum dies totally – an election with the incumbent as contestant is a different ballgame from a transition election.

“2027 is beyond Atiku. Atiku himself is the bridge for us to build and hold an opposition core, post-2027.

“Atiku is the only candidate showing capacity to match Bola Tinubu locally and internationally in 2027.

“Every election is unique and different and everyone should get ready.

“2023 went the way it did because Buhari wasn’t too invested in Tinubu’s victory, that’s why APC lost Lagos and communal rigging was allowed in many states.”




dailypost.ng

Continue Reading

Trending