Metro
Lagos: EFCC arraigns two over alleged sale of bank credentials for $15,000
The Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, over allegations bordering on the unlawful disclosure and supply of bank access credentials.
The defendants, Gideon Bakpa Aghogho and Oscar Ebere Chukwuebuka, were brought before Justice F.N. Ogazi on Wednesday, August 19, 2026. They were arraigned alongside a third suspect, identified as Scott, who is currently at large.
The trio are facing an eight-count charge relating to the alleged unauthorised supply of credentials capable of granting access to a bank database.
The charges were filed under Sections 27 and 28(1)(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc.) Act, 2015, as amended in 2024.
One of the counts alleged that Aghogho and Chukwuebuka, in collaboration with Scott, unlawfully supplied Aghogho access code for use on FCMB’s system between July 24 and 26, 2026, in Lagos.
The prosecution alleged that the access code, identified as a local Administrative Credential, ITSD, could provide entry into the FCMB Virtual Center Platform and was supplied with the intention of facilitating the commission of an offence.
Another count accused Aghogho of knowingly disclosing bank access credentials, including server IP and domain details, without authorisation between April and May 2025.
According to the charge, the credentials were allegedly disclosed to facilitate access to FCMB’s database in exchange for $15,000.
When the charges were read in court, Aghogho pleaded not guilty, while Chukwuebuka entered a guilty plea.
Following Aghogho’s plea, prosecution counsel, Bilkisu Buhari, requested a date for the commencement of trial and urged the court to order his remand in a correctional facility.
In Chukwuebuka’s case, the prosecution asked the court to allow it to review the facts of the case following his guilty plea.
Justice Ogazi subsequently adjourned the matter until August 27, 2026, for a review of the facts and further proceedings.
The court also ordered that the defendants be remanded in a correctional centre pending the next hearing.
Metro
Police arrest man over alleged cyberbullying of first-class chiefs in Adamawa
The Adamawa State Police Command has apprehended a man for allegedly using his social media account to bully first-class chiefs of the Numan Federation.
The man, 31-year-old Buriba Israel, is accused of using his Facebook account, bearing the same name, for cyberbullying, criminal intimidation, and circulating unverified and offensive allegations against the traditional rulers.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Suleiman Nguroje, said on Friday that preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect made and circulated social media publications containing accusations against the first-class chiefs.
Nguroje said the publications were considered offensive, disparaging, and capable of undermining the reputation and dignity of those in focus.
“The suspect was arrested following a formal complaint and a subsequent Police investigation into the alleged online activities,” Nguroje stated, adding that relevant electronic devices and other materials linked to the alleged offences had been recovered and were undergoing further forensic examination as the investigation continued.
The police spokesperson stressed that while citizens have the right to freedom of expression, they must exercise such rights responsibly.
He added that the use of social media to harass, threaten, intimidate, defame, or deliberately circulate harmful content against individuals or institutions would not be tolerated.
DAILY POST reports that the Numan Federation in Adamawa State geographically comprises five local government areas, namely Demsa, Guyuk, Lamurde, Numan, and Shelleng in southern Adamawa.
They have five paramount rulers: two in Demsa alone, one in Guyuk, one for Lamurde and Numan, and one in Shelleng. Three of them are first-class rulers, namely Hama Bachama (for Lamurde and Numan, with headquarters in Numan); Hama Batta (for central Demsa, with headquarters in Demsa town); and Amna Shelleng (for Shelleng LGA).
Metro
Court jails youths over phone snatching, others in Yola
The Chief Magistrate Court 2 sitting in Yola, Adamawa State, has sentenced two young men to five years in prison each for accosting a woman and forcing her to surrender her mobile phone.
The two were arraigned on charges of criminal conspiracy and extortion.
They were arraigned before the court by the police prosecutor, Inspector Kabiru Abubakar, whose First Information Report (FIR) stated that Habiba Bello of Chochi Rumde Ward reported that on June 24, 2026, while on her way home, the convicts swooped on her and forcefully took her Infinix phone.
The court, presided over by Magistrate Zainab Buba Adamu, convicted and sentenced Samaila Musa and Suhailu Ismail, both of Doubeli Ward in Yola North Local Government Area, to five years in prison each.
Samaila Musa, 25, was sentenced to two years in prison, with an option of a N200,000 fine, for criminal conspiracy, and three years’ imprisonment without an option of a fine for extortion.
The court found Suhailu Ismail guilty of criminal conspiracy and sentenced him to two years in prison, with an option of a N200,000 fine, and three years in prison without an option of a fine for extortion.
The magistrate ordered that the sentences run concurrently and also ordered the convicts to pay N70,000 in compensation to the complainant, Habiba Bello.
Metro
Anambra man hires assassins to kill friend after duping him in fake land deal
The Anambra State Police Command has uncovered the circumstances surrounding the gruesome murder of a 56-year old man, Mr Kelechi Madu, in Awkuzu, Oyi Local Government Area of the state.
The man had been declared missing some days back, but was later discovered dead, with police investigation showing that his death was plotted by his friend in connivance with others, after duping him of money for an inexistent property.
A press release by the state police command’s spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga, said the revelation was after the arrest of the deceased’s friend, Mr Ifeanyi Nwankwo, 32 years old, who allegedly confessed to plotting the murder and engaging two others to execute the act.
Ikenga said, “Following the report, on the 18th of August 2026 from the wife of the deceased, that her husband had gone out on the evening of 17th August 2026 and had not returned home.
“Police operatives, in collaboration with members of the local vigilante group and the deceased’s family, immediately commenced inquiries and a search operation to establish his whereabouts.
“In the evening of the same day, however, the wife returned to the station in distress and reported that her husband had been found dead in a nearby bush at Umuobi, Awkuzu.”
Ikenga said police operatives immediately mobilised to the scene, where the deceased was found lying lifeless with a deep axe cut to his head.
He said in the course of the investigation, the Command arrested Mr Ifeanyi Nwankwo, a friend of the deceased, who confessed to his involvement in the planning and killing of Mr Kelechi Madu.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly obtained money fraudulently from the deceased under the guise of assisting him to acquire a piece of land. In an attempt to conceal the alleged fraudulent transaction and suppress the money obtained from the deceased, the suspect reportedly hired two other persons to murder him.
“The Commissioner of Police, Anambra State Command, CP Nnanna Oji Ama, psc, mnips, has directed that the investigation be intensified to identify and arrest all persons involved in the conspiracy and murder.
“The Command is determined to ensure that every person connected to the crime is brought to justice. The Command further assures the people of Anambra State that it will continue to strengthen intelligence-led policing and community partnership to prevent violent crimes, unravel criminal activities and ensure that perpetrators face the full weight of the law,” the release stated.
-
Sports1 day agoErling Haaland Reacts to Real Madrid’s Bizarre Bernardo Silva Video
-
Sports2 days agoBarcelona Fans Slammed For Booing Frenkie de Jong Before Al Ahly
-
Sports2 days agoRomano Shares Exciting Tottenham Transfer Update as Three Players Named
-
Politics1 day ago‘Obasanjo has no electoral value’ – Atiku
-
Politics1 day ago2027: I pity Tinubu because they’ll say he rigged after he wins - Sowunmi
-
Sports2 days agoFabrizio Romano: Man United's Next Move After Baleba and Barcola to Liverpool Latest
-
Sports2 days agoMichael Owen Now Predicts Entire 2026/27 Premier League Table
-
Metro2 days agoPolice kill suspected kidnapper, armed robber, recover arms in Anambra
