Sports
Sean Strickland Held Nothing Back With X-Rated Tweet After UFC 330
UFC Middleweight Champion Sean Strickland unleashed a brutal x-rated rant after being left fuming by what he saw during this past weekend’s UFC 330 event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The card at the city’s Xfinity Mobile Arena was headlined by Islam Makhachev’s unanimous decision victory over Ireland’s Ian Machado Garry. Strickland, like millions of fans around the world, tuned in to catch one of the biggest fights of the summer.
However, it was the actions of veteran coach Din Thomas on the UFC 330 post-show that sent the 35-year-old American into a rage.
Thomas has been known to perform analyst duties for the UFC on big shows, but was primarily working as a cornerman on Saturday night, overseeing Gillian Robertson’s world title bid against defending UFC Strawweight Champion, Mackenzie Dern, in the co-main event.
A decorated fighter in his prime, Thomas holds victories over popular UFC legends such as Matt Serra, Jens Pulver and Clay Guida.
However, he was unable to help steer Robertson to a victory. Dern held off a late surge from the Canadian to win via unanimous decision, in what was the inaugural defense of her title.
It was ultimately a disappointing night for Robertson, who had been on a five-fight winning-streak prior to taking on Dern. The challenger was beaten comprehensively in the first three rounds of the fight, just about surviving an opening round deep rear-naked choke. She made a late bid to turn the tide in the fifth and final round, but it was never going to be enough to take the win.
Speaking on the post-show, Thomas couldn’t hide his disappointment at the result and shocked his colleagues at the broadcast desk by making a surprise announcement about his future as a cornerman.
“I told myself I would continue to do this until I took Gillian as far as she could go,” Thomas stated on the live UFC 330 broadcast. I think that might be as far as she can go, and I am officially retiring from cornering fighters tonight,” the 49-year-old added.
While Thomas was undoubtedly emotional about the result, as it appeared he was putting down his fighter when she was at her lowest moment following a tough defeat in the biggest fight of her career.
Sean Strickland’s X-Rated Tweet After Watching UFC 330
Among those to have a major issue with Thomas’ handling of the situation was Strickland, who took to social media to call out the comments, pointing out that he had suffered setbacks in his career before going on to achieve greatness in the Octagon.
“Din Thomas is a f****** c***. I’ve had my ass kicked in multiple weight classes through my career and won two titles. You’re a d*******. It’s probably better you retire. You’re a s*** coach,” Strickland declared.
“You only lose when you quit… Din sounds like you’re a f****** loser!”
In the wake of Strickland’s tweet, Thomas has apologized for his comments, admitting he was “ashamed and embarrassed” by them.
Speaking about the controversy on the Deep Waters podcast, Thomas issued a full apology to Robertson, during which he stated:
“I selfishly stole her moment that night, and instead of congratulating her on her run, I stole her moment. And I want to apologize to her for that because I stole her moment, and I was completely wrong.
“I’ve always had your back, and I want you to know that I’m always here for you,” he told Robertson. “I’m always going to support you, and whatever you need, I’m always here for you, the same way I’ve been for you the last seven years when it was just us.”
As of now, though, Thomas has yet to indicate that he will return to coaching.
Sports
3 Ways Newcastle United Have Changed In Pre-Season
Newcastle United host Liverpool at St James’ Park in a testing start to the 2026/27 Premier League season and fans on Tyneside will be hoping for a sea change from their side.
It was a dismal end to last season under Eddie Howe, which saw the side miss out on European qualification by some margin. The departures of Sandro Tonali, Anthony Gordon, Bruno Guimaraes and then, ultimately, Howe mean a new dawn in the North East.
Matthias Jaissle arrived described as a ‘rockstar’ by CEO David Hopkinson and has already impacted the side. Here’s what we’ve learned from pre-season preparations.
Newcastle United prioritise aggressive press
At one stage, Eddie Howe’s side were known for their energy and aggression, but that had faded over his final season in charge on Tyneside. Jaissle has explicitly outlined that he wants to bring an aggressive press back.
Speaking this month, the Magpies head coach said:
“The phrase how Newcastle should play like is front-footed, intense, aggressive and of course also successful.
“The approach we have as a coaching team and the identity of Newcastle is famed for, it’s so linked together – which is a perfect fit in my eyes and that’s going to be exciting.”
That was perhaps most evident to see in a 2-1 defeat to Bayer Leverkusen. Jaissle’s press created opportunities, but also risks leaving Newcastle United exposed at the back.
A new formation will be seen
Eddie Howe became married to his 4-3-3 formation at Newcastle United, sooner playing strikers as midfielders and midfielders as full-backs, before altering his tactics. Jaissle appears to be more of a maverick when it comes to choosing a formation. The new Magpies boss is likely to prefer a 4-2-3-1, which has most commonly been seen in pre-season, but will give his players freedom to adjust that shape depending on the fixture.
He explained: “It is not about formations that much. It is more how you want to play, how you want to attack, how you want to defend. If you understand that and the players understand that, tactically you are much more flexible and the formation is not that important.
“These days the players are more and more involved in tactical things. Every coach and every club works with principles, so every player has to know a lot of things, tactically, in each phase of the game. I think that’s a big change.”
It’s time for Yoane Wissa’s redemption
Towards the end of the 2025/26 campaign, it looked as if William Osula could be the talisman for Newcastle United this season. The striker scored five in the final seven Premier League outings.
Osula stepped in as Yoane Wissa struggled. The former Brentford man, who cost the Magpies £55 million last summer, scored just one top flight goal last season.
Fees correct prior to summer 2026
All 10 found — excellent!
Wissa scored three times at the World Cup for DR Congo and looks to have carried that form into pre-season, becoming the main man under Jaissle. The forward scored both goals in the 2-1 comeback over Valencia and is relishing having more faith placed in him.
After the Valencia win, Wissa said: “After a tough season for me, physically and mentally, the World Cup – especially playing with my national team – has been good.
“So now new manager, new Yoane Wissa. That’s what I hope. I’m going to help the team achieve something great this season.”
Sports
Paul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
The Premier League season commences this Friday, meaning the punditry circuit is in full prediction mode, with Paul Scholes the latest to offer his verdict.
Champions Arsenal host newly promoted Coventry City in the curtain-raiser on Friday night at the Emirates, before the full weekend of fixtures ensues. The Gunners will be looking to make a statement prior to their rivals kicking off their respective campaigns.
Mikel Arteta’s men will look to take advantage of transitional periods for their competitors and win back-to-back league titles for the first time since the 1930s. New eras begin at Stamford Bridge, the Etihad and Anfield with Xabi Alonso, Enzo Maresca and Andoni Iraola all taking charge of the contenders.
Meanwhile, Michael Carrick and Roberto De Zerbi will commence their first full seasons in charge of Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, respectively. Nine months of blood, sweat and tears are upon us, and Scholes has chimed into the pre-campaign discourse.
Paul Scholes Reveals His Top Six Premier League Predictions For 2026/27 Season
Arsenal are heavy favourites to retain their crown, and the summer arrivals of Bruno Guimaraes and Christos Tzolis have only boosted their chances of doing so.
Speaking on the Good, the Bad & the Football YouTube channel, Scholes tipped the Gunners to prevail once again. “They look strong. They look too strong. They’ll win it again,” he said.
Despite losing legendary manager Pep Guardiola, the former Manchester United midfielder backed City to finish second. He also claimed that Chelsea could finish second if they were to sign a goalkeeper.
“I think I’d probably still go City second,” Scholes revealed.
“I think they [Chelsea] could possibly [finish second]. If I were them, I’d have a look at the [Aston] Villa goalkeeper [Emi Martinez]. I know Juventus have just pulled out of the deal for him, but I think he’d be a good signing for Chelsea.”
Speaking about his former club, Scholes placed the Red Devils third, expressing concern over their lack of defensive solidity in the middle of the park.
“United third, for me. I still think they’ve got a lot of work to do. I think they need to strengthen. Possibly, they could do better, but I just don’t think the centre-halves are good enough. I don’t know if they’ve got it [the money to spend more].
“I just think every time I’ve seen United over the last year, or two years, they get attacked through the middle of the pitch every single time, because they don’t have the physicality or the legs in the middle of the pitch. I don’t see what’s changed really. I think they bought [Andrey] Santos to try and plug that gap a little bit, but from what I’ve seen, he’s not the most physical or robust.”
Initially placing Liverpool fourth, Scholes then reversed this take in favour of Chelsea. He bravely picked the Reds to finish just outside the top four, before backing Spurs to complete the top six.
“Fourth for me, Liverpool. Actually, I’m going to say Chelsea. Liverpool, fifth. Tottenham sixth, yeah.”
|
Scholes’ 2026/27 Premier League Top Six Prediction |
|
|---|---|
|
1 |
Arsenal |
|
2 |
Manchester City |
|
3 |
Manchester United |
|
4 |
Chelsea |
|
5 |
Liverpool |
|
6 |
Tottenham Hotspur |
Watch Paul Scholes, Michael Owen and Nicky Butt make their predictions
Paul Scholes’ Relegation Picks For 2026/27
After years of underwhelming battles at the other end of the table, an enthralling relegation dogfight played out in 2025/26. Tottenham narrowly avoided losing their Premier League status, sending London rivals West Ham United to the Championship instead.
The drop-zone drama isn’t expected to be quite as exciting this time around. The credentials of the promoted sides have been heavily questioned, and while many have tipped all three to go straight back down, Scholes sprung a surprising prediction.
While the former England international does think Hull City and Ipswich Town will return to the second tier immediately, he believes Newcastle United’s disastrous summer will take its toll, and that the Magpies will lose their status as a top-flight club for the first time since the 2015/16 season.
“I think Newcastle are going to struggle, big time,” he said.
“I wouldn’t be surprised [if they went down]. Newcastle have been there before, not too long ago.”
Having lost Guimaraes, Sandro Tonali and Anthony Gordon, the Tynesiders are fancied to struggle. That said, having played in the Champions League as recently as last season, this call from Scholes is certainly being viewed as brave.
|
Scholes’ 2026/27 Premier League Bottom Three Prediction |
|
|---|---|
|
18 |
Newcastle United |
|
19 |
Ipswich Town |
|
20 |
Hull City |
Sports
Why Wladimir Klitschko Has Full Custody of His Daughter With Hayden Panettiere
US actress Hayden Panettiere passed away on Sunday in South Carolina at the age of 36, and the emotional reason behind her decision to give full custody of her daughter to former fiance Wladimir Klitschko has been revealed.
Panettiere, who starred in the shows Heroes and Nashville, died late last week, with the tragic news first broken by US broadcaster ABC News on Monday morning. The cause of death has not been given.
The actress was involved in a public relationship with former heavyweight boxer Klitschko between 2009 and 2018. In 2013, the couple announced their engagement, while a year later Panettiere gave birth to their daughter, Kaya Evodkia.
Hayden Panettiere Made a Painful Decision Over Custody of Her Daughter
After first becoming involved with each other in 2009, Panettiere and Klitschko split up in May 2011 due to the long-distance nature of their relationship. However, the pair rekindled their union in 2013, and just six months after reuniting, they announced their engagement in October of that year.
Just 14 months later, Panettiere gave birth to their daughter. The couple enjoyed four years together with Kaya, before splitting up again in 2018. Panettiere relinquished full custody of her child in the process, stating that this decision was related to her battle with substance addiction and postpartum depression.
“It wasn’t a decision I made lightly, nor was it a decision I even wanted to make,” she told parenting outlet Mome for its July edition.
“I was going through a really challenging time in my life… I knew I needed to be able to put her first so that I could get the help I needed and be the mum she needed me to be.”
Delving into her dependency on alcohol, she said: “I turned to wine, which ultimately ended up leading to an alcohol dependency. It was how I would get through each day.”
Writing in her memoir, ‘This Is Me: A Reckoning‘, which was released earlier this year, Panettiere described how difficult she found being separate from her daughter.
“Not being under the same roof with her every day has been the most gut-wrenching experience of my life, and it’s hard to describe the layers of emotion – including sadness, resentment, and anger – I’ve felt because of it.”
Back in 2024, the actress detailed the close relationship she had with her daughter at the time.
“I love my daughter, and I’m so proud of the young woman she is becoming,” she said (via the Manchester Evening News).
“I talk to her all the time, and I feel so connected to her. She’s like a mini-me.”
Profound tributes have flooded in from Hollywood co-stars, family and friends since news of her passing, honouring the actress’ legacy and talent.
-
Politics2 days agoOsun Decides: Accord heads for victory as Adeleke leads Oyebamiji by over 66,000 votes
-
Entertainment1 day agoAdemola Adeleke Wins Second Term as Osun Governor After Closely Fought Election
-
Politics2 days agoOsun Decides: Adeleke leads as INEC uploads results of 24 LGs
-
Politics2 days agoSowore blasts Davido over political position on Osun election
-
Metro1 day agoFire agency recovers two bodies as tanker summersaults in Ibadan [PHOTO]
-
Sports1 day agoIslam Makhachev Wants to Fight Carlos Prates Next
-
Sports14 hours agoArsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations
-
Politics2 days agoOsun Election Live Updates: INEC begins collation, announcement of results
