Metro
DSS arrests three suspected kidnappers, rescues victim in Nasarawa
Operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) have arrested three suspected kidnappers in Nasarawa State and rescued a victim.
One suspect was apprehended at the criminals’ hideout in Atabula, Duduguru community, Jenkwe Development Area, while the other two were tracked down and arrested at a hotel in Lafia, the state capital.
The security operatives also burnt down the makeshift camp used by the criminals and recovered cash, five mobile phones and other items during the raid.
In a statement issued on Thursday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ibrahim Addra, Governor Abdullahi Sule described the arrest as a demonstration of the effectiveness and dedication of the security agencies.
Governor Sule commended the security agencies for their vigilance and commitment to tackling crime and criminality in the state.
He urged them to sustain the momentum and remain resolute in the fight against criminal elements in all parts of the state.
The governor assured the security agencies of the continued support of his administration in the discharge of their responsibilities.
Governor Sule also appealed to citizens to remain vigilant and provide timely, credible and useful information to security agencies.
“Collective vigilance and cooperation are essential to maintaining peace and security in the state,” he said.
Metro
Millitary, CJTF overrun ISWAP terrorist camp in Borno [Video]
Nigerian troops, alongside members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have reportedly overrun an ISWAP terrorist camp in the Damboa area of Borno State.
A video showing the troops and CJTF members at the location has emerged following the reported operation.
The video was shared on X by BSN, an investigative news channel.
Several insurgents reportedly fled the camp, abandoning weapons, equipment and other materials.
DAILY POST reports that Borno State remains one of the areas worst affected by the Boko Haram insurgency and ISWAP activities in Nigeria’s Northeast.
The military, in collaboration with local security groups, including the CJTF, has continued to conduct operations aimed at dismantling terrorist camps, disrupting their activities and restoring security to affected communities.
Metro
Police arrest six over viral video of motorists’ harassment in Lagos
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested six suspects following the emergence of a viral video showing suspected miscreants allegedly harassing motorists on a Lagos road.
The command’s spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, confirmed the arrests in a post on her X handle on Thursday while responding to the footage.
The video showed suspected miscreants allegedly attempting to damage the side mirror of a vehicle, prompting concerns among members of the public.
Adebisi said the police had been monitoring the activities of individuals involved in such acts and had taken steps to address the problem before the video gained attention online.
She said six suspects were subsequently arrested along the same road in connection with the incident.
“The command wishes to clarify that it had already been on the lookout for, and taking proactive measures against, miscreants involved in such activities even before the said video surfaced online.
“Following the incident, six suspects have been arrested on the same road, and an investigation is ongoing,” she said.
The police spokesperson added that additional officers had been strategically deployed to the area to strengthen surveillance and deter further incidents.
She commended members of the public for drawing the command’s attention to the incident and urged residents to continue providing credible and timely information that could aid police operations.
Adebisi reaffirmed the command’s commitment to protecting motorists and other residents while tackling criminal activities across Lagos State.
Metro
Anambra community title holder shot dead, indigenes suspect Igweship tussle as reason
A traditional title holder in Nri Community, Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State, Oba Maduka Arubaluezeama, has been shot dead.
A source in the community told journalists that Arubaluezeama, who is popularly known by his title name, Oba Muozuluaru, was assassinated on Tuesday night at a building site where he went to supervise work on his ongoing project.
The community is currently pervaded by tension, especially as it is suspected that his killing may have to do with the current tussle in the community over who becomes the next traditional ruler.
The community’s traditional stool has been vacant for about eight years now, after the death of its traditional ruler, Eze Obidiegwu Onyeso.
Several attempts to crown a new king have not yielded fruit, as some indigenes have been engaged in a bitter battle over who the next king will be.
The source said Arubaluezeama was murdered at about 7 p.m. on Tuesday in Nise, wondering if his dispute with some other landowners around his property could be the problem or the kingship tussle, in which the deceased had remained vocal.
According to the source, “That estate where Oba Muozuluaru is building his house is also under dispute because there are other multi-millionaires who also purchased their own plots of land there to build their own houses, but most people are pointing their fingers at the controversy around the Nri traditional stool because a gang of suspected cultists had in the past attacked Chief Sunday Alike and inflicted severe machete cuts on him just as he was stepping out from Oba Muozuluaru’s house.
“Just last year too, the commander of Nri Central vigilante, Ogazi, was also assassinated in the evening, and many people are suspecting the controversy around the traditional stool as the cause of the unfortunate happenings.
“Also, members of the Nri Nze-na-Ozor traditional society were said to have been attacked a few years ago while they were holding their meeting at Agbadani village hall, and many fingers were pointed at the traditional stool controversy as the reason for the attack.”
It was gathered that the assassins confronted Arubaluezeama at his building site and ordered him to leave. As he made to enter his car, they shot at him, spilling his brains instantly.
DAILY POST learnt that the entire community has been thrown into mourning because of the popularity of the victim in the area. The source said the community is calling for an extensive investigation by the police.
Meanwhile, as at the time of filing this report, the police spokesperson in Anambra, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, denied knowledge of the incident.
-
Sports2 days agoEx-Fantasy Premier League Champion Reveals Starting Squad For Gameweek 1
-
Sports2 days agoF1 Driver Won’t Be Competing at the Dutch Grand Prix
-
Sports1 day agoBarcelona Fans Slammed For Booing Frenkie de Jong Before Al Ahly
-
Politics2 days agoAPC releases timetable for Delta, Kogi, others’ primaries
-
Sports2 days agoRomano Shares Exciting Tottenham Transfer Update as Three Players Named
-
Politics1 day ago‘Obasanjo has no electoral value’ – Atiku
-
Metro20 hours agoLagos: EFCC arraigns two over alleged sale of bank credentials for $15,000
-
Sports21 hours agoErling Haaland Reacts to Real Madrid’s Bizarre Bernardo Silva Video
