Sports
FA to ‘Consider England Position’ on Thomas Partey 2026 World Cup Handshake
There’s a chance that England players will not shake hands with one of their opponents at the 2026 World Cup finals.
Thomas Tuchel’s England players are currently being put through their paces with warm-weather training sessions in Florida, USA, in preparation for the showpiece international tournament, which gets underway on June 11.
England face two warm-up games against New Zealand (June 6) and Costa Rica (June 10) before their World Cup Group L opener against Croatia on June 17.
The Three Lions, who reached the Euro 2024 final and are among the favourites to win this summer’s World Cup with their star-studded 26-man squad, will also face Ghana (June 23) and Panama (June 27) in the group stages.
FA Considering How England Players Confront Partey Handshake
Pre-match handshakes between opposing players are customary before top-level matches, including World Cup fixtures.
However, the Football Association (FA) are reportedly set to consider how England players confront the possibility of facing Ghana’s Thomas Partey for a pre-match handshake on June 23, according to The Times.
The FA declined to comment when asked if England players will be consulted on the matter. The Times’ chief sports correspondent Matt Lawton adds: “[The FA] will be only too aware that two of the four Arsenal players in the squad – Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka – are former team-mates of Partey. Noni Madueke and Eberechi Eze joined Arsenal after Partey left the club on June 30 last year when his contract expired.”
Partey has been named in Ghana’s 26-man squad despite being charged with five counts of rape and one count of sexual assault in July 2025. The former Arsenal midfielder, who now plays for Spanish side Villarreal, was charged with two new counts of rape in February 2026.
Partey, 32, has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Ghana Defend Partey World Cup Call-Up
“Thomas is our vice-captain,” Ghana FA president Kurt Okraku told BBC Sport. “He is one of the top midfielders in the world and we stand by him shoulder to shoulder.”
Partey was booed by Welsh fans during Tuesday night’s 1-1 draw between Wales and Ghana.
Asked about his decision to pick the midfielder for the match in Cardiff, Ghana head coach Carlos Queiroz said: “It’s a simple and basic answer. As far as I know, in England, in Portugal, whatever, until the court makes a decision, that the presumption of innocence is on the side of all court cases.
“But today, and this is not only about Thomas, very unfortunately the way the social media and the media sometimes act with full and total impunity, we are condemned even before we have the opportunity to defend. So let the events run this normal course. Let the river flow and one day when the river meets the ocean, we’re going to find the truth.”
Queiroz, Sir Alex Ferguson’s former assistant manager at Manchester United, also hit out at the media after Wales fans booed Partey on Tuesday evening.
Ghana begin their World Cup campaign against Panama on June 18 before facing England and Croatia (June 27).
Sports
Eye-Opening Photo of Islam Makhachev’s Face Days After Ian Machado Garry Fight
Islam Makhachev further solidified his status as the world’s best welterweight fighter this past weekend with a dominant win over Ian Machado Garry, breaking Anderson Silva‘s UFC record with a win streak of 17 after defending his title at UFC 330 in Philadelphia.
The Russian extended his consecutive wins with a unanimous decision victory over the Irishman in the main event at the Xfinity Mobile Arena. This was Makhachev‘s first fight since taking the welterweight title away from Jack Della Maddalena last November.
During the fight, the reigning champion performed a stunning head-kick knockdown in the second round before slamming his opponent into the canvas, which would’ve gone a long way in swaying the judges’ decision. The 28-year-old, in response, was able to land 29 significant strikes, but the 34-year-old was able to shrug them off to win over the three judges. Garry was able to defend admirably, it must be said, as Philly was treated to the whole five rounds.
Although the night ended bloody and bruised, the pair showed great respect for one another, embracing before Makhachev’s arm was raised in victory.
What’s Been Said After Makhachev vs Garry
Following the fight, Makhachev told reporters: “Ian is a great fighter, a good man, and I respect him. He gave me a hard time, but I prove every fight.”
Garry, meanwhile, left the Octagon disappointed, but at 28, he has plenty of time to achieve his dream of becoming a UFC champion.
“To all my fans, Ireland, everybody, I’m sorry I couldn’t get this done. But I stand here as a proud man of what I’ve done, proud of where I came from and proud of where this will take me. To all the fans who doubt me, I’ll be back.”
MMA fans will be eager to see the Dagestani back in the Octagon as soon as possible, and a tease from the man himself will keep the suspense high. The Russian said: “We have to fight before Ramadan, 100 percent.”
Ramadan is expected to take place between February and March 2027, and the champ continued by saying: “I’m 34 years old, I have to fight as soon as possible.”
Islam Makhachev Shows Off Injuries From UFC 330
Now, a mere two days after fighting Garry, Makhachev has been spotted out in public and is seen to have two deep purple bruises surrounding his eyes.
The damage sustained to the Russian’s face has surprised many UFC fans, who have been left questioning when such damage happened, given the fact the Irishman didn’t land too many significant blows.
However, it’s also got them worried about Makhachev’s future in the welterweight division, because if Garry can do that much damage to him, what could bigger, stronger fighters in the same division do?
Sports
Bruno Fernandes To Stay At Man Utd Despite €20m-A-Year Galatasaray Offer
Bruno Fernandes is expected to stay at Manchester United despite interest from Galatasaray, GIVEMESPORT understands.
Manchester United sources insist their captain is not for sale at any price this summer, while a €65million release clause for non-English clubs expired last month.
Galatasaray have offered Fernandes an annual salary of more than €20million, and a four-year contract, but Manchester United are not prepared to engage with the Turkish club.
Bruno Fernandes could double his money by moving to Turkey
Fernandes also intends to stay and is in talks with Manchester United to extend his contract. His current deal runs until next summer and contains the option to extend by a further year.
It is not the first time Fernandes has been offered lucrative terms to leave Old Trafford. Last summer, Al-Hilal, Al-Nassr and Al-Ittihad all made approaches. Al-Hilal were the most advanced of the three clubs ahead of the 2025 Club World Cup, but Fernandes felt the move was wrong for both football and family reasons.
The 31-year-old Portugal international went on to have an outstanding season with Manchester United, helping them secure Champions League qualification and contributing with 21 assists – a Premier League record for a single season, surpassing both Kevin De Bruyne and Thierry Henry (20). He only failed to manage a goal contribution against three teams – Everton, Sunderland and West Ham.
Bruno Fernandes’ record-breaking 2025/26 season:
|
Fixture |
Date |
Goals |
Assists |
|---|---|---|---|
|
Burnley (H) |
August 30 |
1 |
0 |
|
Chelsea (H) |
September 20 |
1 |
0 |
|
Liverpool (A) |
October 19 |
0 |
1 |
|
Nott’m Forest (A) |
November 1 |
0 |
1 |
|
Tottenham (A) |
November 8 |
0 |
1 |
|
Crystal Palace (A) |
November 30 |
0 |
2 |
|
Wolves (A) |
December 8 |
2 |
1 |
|
Bournemouth (H) |
December 15 |
1 |
1 |
|
Burnley (A) |
January 7 |
0 |
1 |
|
Man City (H) |
January 17 |
0 |
1 |
|
Arsenal (A) |
January 25 |
0 |
1 |
|
Fulham (H) |
February 1 |
0 |
2 |
|
Tottenham (H) |
February 7 |
1 |
0 |
|
Crystal Palace (H) |
March 1 |
1 |
1 |
|
Newcastle (A) |
March 4 |
0 |
1 |
|
Aston Villa (H) |
March 15 |
0 |
2 |
|
Bournemouth (A) |
March 20 |
1 |
0 |
|
Leeds (H) |
April 13 |
0 |
1 |
|
Chelsea (A) |
April 18 |
0 |
1 |
|
Brentford (H) |
April 27 |
0 |
1 |
|
Nott’m Forest (H) |
May 17 |
0 |
1 |
|
Brighton (A) |
May 24 |
1 |
1 |
Galatasaray value Fernandes at around €50million, but Manchester United have not yet received an offer. Sources say should an approach arrive it would be rejected out of hand.
Turkey’s tax system is far more favourable than in the UK meaning if Fernandes accepted the move he would essentially double his salary.
Fees correct prior to summer 2026
All 10 found — excellent!
Galatasaray’s interest will no doubt give Fernandes leverage as he seeks improved terms at Manchester United. The club remain calm over Fernandes’ future having been given a verbal commitment he would not seek an exit this summer when the season ended.
Fernandes has also been linked with AC Milan and Juventus, while Saudi interest remains, especially from Al-Nassr.
Sports
Donald Trump’s Ex-Caddie Revealed Cheating Instructions He’d Receive to Win Golf Tournaments
By all accounts, winning more than 40 club golf titles would be an incredibly impressive, not to mention commendable, feat. But what about if you’re Donald Trump?
The US president has bragged repeatedly about his trophy-winning talents around the golf course, most recently shooting a supposed 70 around the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster to take home yet another championship.
Admitting he had “very little time to practice” due to being focused on many other things, unlike the rest of the field, the 80-year-old declared: “It’s called TALENT, and I have it, and they don’t!”
Whether he has it, though, is a question that routinely follows the president around golf courses. Trump has been regularly accused of being a cheat, with an ex-caddie now revealing the exact nature of just how true that is.
Donald Trump’s Love Story With Golf
Releasing a book back in 2005 which featured advice from different golf professionals and teachers, Trump described golf as “more than a game. It is a passion” for both himself and millions of people around the world.
He’s still found time for that passion, even as the most powerful man in the world. The sight of him hitting the golf course has proven to be a regular thing in his two terms as President of the United States, routinely playing alongside different celebrities, from UFC stars such as Bo Nickal through to footballers including England captain Harry Kane.
Trump owns a number of golf courses, having steadily built a portfolio of them as a real estate developer over the years. He opened the first in 1999 in Florida and has seen them play host to a number of PGA and LPGA events. This includes courses in Scotland, the UAE, Puerto Rico and Indonesia, as well as the USA. He also claims to be something of a virtuoso around them, allegedly winning over 40 championships, all of them at his own courses.
Donald Trump Exposed by Ex-Caddie
Rick Reilly’s book, Commander In Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump, runs through the cheating accusations levelled at the president in depth, including his nickname of ‘Pele’ as he allegedly “kicks his ball back onto the fairway.”
Interviewing Trump back in 2000, Reilly was told by him that he’d already won 12 championships. He referred to Trump’s boasting about these victories as “a lie that’s so over-the-top Crazytown it loses all credibility among golfers the second it’s out of his mouth.”
That number has seemingly grown substantially since then, with Reilly shedding some light on just how he’s managed to pull it off.
“Well, actually, what Trump has is caddies waiting out ahead on the course, fluffing up his lies, throwing his balls out of bunkers and picking up eight-foot putts they’ve decided he doesn’t need to make. I talked to an ex-caddie of his, who said, ‘Everybody knows the deal. He has to win the tournament and shoot the lowest score. It’s your job to make sure’.”
There is also video evidence of this in practice. Footage re-shared to social media recently shows Trump pulling up to a bunker in a buggy, flanked by two caddies, one of which uses the natural back and forth of his arms as he walks to drop a golf ball behind him without breaking stride.
While the clip does not show if Trump actually plays the dropped ball, it does look as if the president is about to set himself for the shot from there.
“So now I have the Championship Cheat Chart at 40 wins,” continued Reilly. “Though an onlooker at Bedminster taking a video of the awards said that by his count, Trump is up to 43.”
-
Sports1 day agoArsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations
-
Sports1 day agoData Analysts Calculate Every Club’s Chance of Winning 26/27 Premier League
-
Sports17 hours agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Sports1 day agoJeff Bezos Liverpool Deal: Amazon Billionaire’s Involvement Explained
-
Sports2 days agoCoventry Agree £20.5M Deal For Fenerbahce Striker Cherif
-
Sports2 days agoStrong Verdict Emerges After England Star’s Inter Milan Debut
-
Sports15 hours agoPaul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
-
Metro2 days agoBusinessman sells assets to finance N23m cocaine deal, arrested at Lagos airport
