Politics
NDC primaries massively rigged, I won regardless – Senatorial aspirant, Agbonayinma
Edo South Nigeria Democratic Congress, NDC, Senatorial aspirant, Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, has alleged that the just concluded party’s primary election was massively rigged.
Speaking during an interview on Arise Television on Friday, Agbonayinma said he won the primaries despite the rigging, and asked for the announcement of the result.
Recall that the NDC is yet to announce the result of her primary election which was held last week.
Agbonayinma said, “I won Edo South NDC primaries despite the process being rigged. I won the election honourably, with a large turnout, and ward chairmen, local government chairmen, and other party leaders all affirmed that I clearly won.
“There is no ambiguity about the result. What is delaying the announcement of the results since May 29th? Today is June 5th, so what exactly is being hidden or held back?
“We went through the primaries, and those who win should be allowed to move forward.
“If I had not won, I would have conceded to the rightful winner, but since I won, I should be given the opportunity to proceed based on the outcome of the election.”
dailypost.ng
Politics
Osun Election: I have forgiven those who offended me — Adeleke
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, says he has forgiven everyone that offended him during the governorship election campaign.
Governor Adeleke spoke when he received the Certificate of Return at the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, state office in Osogbo on Wednesday.
Adeleke said, “All the people that offended me, I have forgiven them. The good Lord has fought my battle and I have overcome.”
He also appealed to his fellow contestants to join hands with him to move Osun State forward.
The governor also promised scholarships for the children of those who lost their lives during the electoral process.
The governor appreciated INEC and declared himself the governor of all.
The Certificate of Return was presented to Adeleke following his victory in the August 15 governorship election.
Meanwhile, the Osun INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner, Oluwatoyin Babalola, described the presentation as a solemn constitutional milestone in Nigeria’s electoral process.
Babalola said election remains the most visible expression of a democratic government.
“The significance of the occasion carried greater meaning for the people of Osun State. The governorship election was a successful democratic exercise in which all stakeholders played important roles,” Babalola added.
She commended the security agencies for their coordination and efforts in providing what she described as a free atmosphere for citizens to exercise their franchise.
The REC also praised the media for its role in countering fake news, misinformation and disinformation during the electoral process. She equally commended traditional rulers and community leaders for their contributions.
Babalola praised the people of Osun State for their interest in making their votes count, as well as INEC staff for their professionalism and resilience throughout the electoral process.
She disclosed that the election recorded a 43.2 per cent voter turnout, describing the figure as a testament to the participation of the people of the state in the democratic process.
“The presentation of the Certificate of Return means that democracy has come to stay in our country,” Babalola said.
She congratulated Governor Adeleke and his deputy and urged them to continue serving the people.
Speaking at the ceremony, Prof. Kunle Ajayi, the INEC National Commissioner for the South-West, described the occasion as a significant day for democracy in Osun State and Nigeria, congratulating Adeleke on his victory at the poll.
Ajayi said the people of Osun State had refused to surrender their democratic rights to fear and intimidation. He stressed that INEC remained committed to conducting free, fair and conclusive elections.
He also called on political parties to invest more in educating their agents on electoral procedures.
dailypost.ng
Politics
Osun Election: Accord Party spent N40bn – Fayose counters Davido’s claim
Ex-Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has alleged that the Accord Party spent at least N40 billion during the August 15 Osun State governorship election.
Fayose made the allegation during an interview on TVC’s ‘Politics Tonight’.
📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app
dailypost.ng
Politics
Osun APC alleges post-election attacks on members
The Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has condemned alleged attacks on its members and supporters in Iree, Boripe Local Government Area, following the declaration of Governor Ademola Adeleke as winner of the August 15 governorship election.
The party, in a statement signed by its Director of Media and Information, Kola Olabisi, on Wednesday, alleged that suspected members of the Accord attacked APC supporters in the community.
📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app
dailypost.ng
-
Sports2 days agoPaul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
-
Sports2 days agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Sports2 days agoMan Utd in Talks With Championship Club to Sell Toby Collyer
-
Metro20 hours agoNDLEA arrests Lagos socialite KC Luxury, seizes cocaine worth N39bn
-
Politics2 days agoOsun election: Tinubu lost, APC afraid of 2027 – Dele Momodu
-
Metro1 day agoSuspected gunmen kill 20, injure others in Plateau
-
Sports22 hours agoNewcastle Discuss Move to Sign Carlos Baleba Ahead of Man Utd
-
Metro2 days agoLakurawa fighters kill two, lead prayers in Sokoto mosque
