Metro
NDLEA arrests Lagos socialite KC Luxury, seizes cocaine worth N39bn
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has arrested a Lagos-based socialite, Afolabi Kazeem, popularly known as KC Luxury, over a 184.5kg cocaine consignment worth about N39 billion.
KC Luxury was arrested at the Lagos airport on August 13 while on his way to flee Nigeria for Paris.
NDLEA Chairman, Buba Marwa, on Tuesday, during a press briefing, revealed that KC Luxury was arrested alongside Lawal Kehinde, an employee of a logistics company.
The agency stated that the operation involved the largest cocaine seizure from a courier firm in its history.
Marwa said KC Luxury was found with expensive jewellery, N100,000, £2,800 and €7,750, adding that exotic vehicles were discovered at his apartment in Banana Island, Ikoyi.
“This cartel leader did not walk into our custody voluntarily; he intended to flee the country on a business class flight to Paris. Our operatives apprehended him at the boarding gate of Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, just as he attempted to escape the reach of the law,” the NDLEA boss stated.
Metro
Edo: Police remand 29-year-old man over alleged defilement of 11-year-old girl
A 29-year-old, Samson Amachie, has been remanded at the Oko Correctional Centre, Benin City, for allegedly defiling an 11-year-old girl.
The Commissioner of Police, Edo State Command, Patrick Daaor, disclosed this on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, while parading suspected criminals in the state.
Daaor said the suspect committed the offence on August 10, 2026.
He said the case was transferred from Okhoro Police Station to the Gender and Family Support Unit, State Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Benin.
He alleged that the suspect lured the victim to an uncompleted building behind his shop and had unlawful sexual intercourse with her.
He said following an investigation, the suspect was arraigned before the Benin High Court and remanded at Oko Correctional Centre.
Meanwhile, the commissioner also paraded a 21-year-old, Innocent Emmanuel, for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old girl.
He said the incident was reported on August 14, 2026.
He said the complaint alleged that the suspect sexually assaulted the child while her parents were away from home and that the child had previously disclosed repeated sexual harassment by the same suspect.
Daaor stated that the suspect had been arrested and detained, while the victim was taken to Viviana Medical Center for a medical examination.
He added that a preliminary investigation is ongoing.
Metro
Police arrest four over alleged killing of man, 7 others in separate conspiracy cases in Niger
The Niger State Police Command has arrested four suspects over the alleged killing of a 30-year-old man in Minna, as seven other suspects were apprehended in two separate cases involving alleged animal theft and fraud in the state.
The command, through the Public Relations Officer, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said the victim, Sunday Pada of Gogala Village, Shiroro, was allegedly beaten and stabbed to death in the Korokpan area of Minna after some persons reportedly raised an alarm of “thief” on August 10, 2026.
According to him, Pada was returning from a friend’s house when the suspects allegedly intercepted him, beat him severely and later stabbed him.
He explained that police operatives attached to Paiko Division reportedly arrived at the scene after receiving information about the incident, but the suspects had fled.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was confirmed dead.
However, he disclosed that two days later, some of the suspects were discovered in the custody of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) following a raid in the area.
Police said three suspects were released to the command by the NDLEA, while another was subsequently arrested.
The suspects were identified as Ibrahim Abubakar, Aliyu Onah, Godwin Musa and Aminu Bawa, all of Korokpan, Minna.
They are currently being investigated at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Minna, for criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide.
In another case, he said three suspects were arrested over alleged animal theft around Gidan-Kwano after residents reported a suspicious black Volkswagen vehicle in the area.
The suspects are Danlami Ali, 45; Sabastine Masangu, 49; and Masaud Abdullahi, 35, who were intercepted by police operatives and vigilantes on August 11.
Police disclosed that animal skins suspected to have been stolen were recovered from the tinted vehicle, registration number RSH 151 RE.
He said investigation indicated that the suspects were allegedly part of a syndicate specialising in stealing goats and other animals in the community.
Similarly, the spokesman stated that police arrested four suspects accused of criminal conspiracy, extortion and fraud in an alleged fake QNET online investment scheme.
According to him, the victim had travelled from Kano to Minna after being offered a job but was allegedly taken to a house at Farm Centre, where the suspects demanded ₦200,000 for an online investment.
“The victim resisted, insisting that he came for a job, but was allegedly intimidated and forced to transfer the money to an account belonging to one Aminu Bello.”
“The suspects reportedly demanded another N200,000, which the victim refused to pay, before allegedly slapping him,” he revealed.
He later escaped during prayer time and was intercepted by police, where he reported the incident.
The suspects, including Ringim Magaji, Umar Laduwa, Bashir Abdullahi and Ibrahim Bello, are currently undergoing further investigation at SCID, Minna.
The command said the cases remain under investigation, with the suspects expected to be charged to court upon completion of the investigations.
Metro
Lagos court jails two for hawking N2.15m naira notes — EFCC
The Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced two persons to six months’ imprisonment each for illegally trading and hawking naira notes.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, said in a statement that Justice A. Aluko of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos, handed down the sentences on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, after the two convicts pleaded guilty to separate charges brought against them by the Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the agency.
The convicts, Mutairu Omowunmi Tawa and Faith Chukwujeku, were separately arraigned before the court on one-count charges relating to unlawful trading in naira notes.
The charge against Tawa stated, “That you, Mutairu Omowunmi, female, on or about 25th July, 2026, at Salamagic Event Centre, Onikan, Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, did sell and trade in the sum of N850,000.00 and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 21(4) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Act, 2007, as amended, and punishable under Section 21(10) of the same Act.”
The second convict, Chukwujeku, was charged with hawking N1.3 million in N200 denominations.
The charge read, “That you, Faith Chukwujeku, on the 25th of July, 2026, in Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, engaged in hawking the total sum of N1,300,000 (One Million Three Hundred Thousand Naira) in N200 note denominations issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 21(4) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, 2007.”
Both defendants pleaded guilty after the charges were read to them in court.
Following their pleas, the prosecution counsel, Fanen Anum, reviewed the facts of the cases before the court and asked the judge to convict and sentence the defendants accordingly.
Anum also urged the court to order the forfeiture of the exhibits recovered from the convicts to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, describing the cash as the instrument used in committing the offences.
In his judgment, Justice Aluko found Tawa and Chukwujeku guilty of the offences and sentenced each of them to six months in prison.
The judge, however, gave each convict the option of paying a N50,000 fine instead of serving the prison term.
Justice Aluko also ordered that the cash marked as Exhibit C be forfeited to the Federal Government, as it was the instrument used in committing the offence.
The two cases arose from the alleged illegal trading and hawking of a combined N2.15 million in naira notes in Lagos on July 25, 2026.
-
Sports2 days agoArsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations
-
Sports1 day agoJeff Bezos Liverpool Deal: Amazon Billionaire’s Involvement Explained
-
Sports23 hours agoPaul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
-
Sports1 day agoData Analysts Calculate Every Club’s Chance of Winning 26/27 Premier League
-
Sports1 day agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Sports1 day agoTottenham Agree Guglielmo Vicario Deal With Juventus
-
Business2 days agoIndia-Nigeria trade hits $9bn as firms deepen local production
-
Politics2 days agoOsun election: ADC’s Najeem Salaam congratulates Adeleke, urges respect for people’s mandate
