Sports
Fabrizio Romano Reveals New Man City Talks to Sign Enzo Fernandez
Manchester City have held fresh talks on Tuesday over signing Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez, despite the deadline that the Blues set last week expiring.
Chelsea set a deadline of 5pm last Friday for clubs to make a £120m bid to prise the Argentina international away from Stamford Bridge, with Man City one of the interested clubs in the 25-year-old.
No offer arrived for the South American, and the west London outfit may have assumed that was the end of the situation at that stage.
However, City’s need for new midfielders is increasing after Rodri joined Bernardo Silva in completing a move to LaLiga with Barcelona on Tuesday, while Tijjani Reijnders is on the verge of completing his switch to Saudi club Al-Qadsiah.
Now, David Ornstein has reported that Newcastle are exploring a move for Nico Gonzalez too, with Fabrizio Romano saying that City are open to the Spaniard’s exit despite only signing him just over 18 months ago in a deal worth £50m.
While City are closing in on a deal to sign Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi, there is still a gap in their central midfield, especially if Gonzalez joins the other three in departing.
Despite last week’s deadline set by Chelsea passing, Romano says that City aren’t giving up on Fernandez and that they actually held new talks over a move for him today.
Speaking on his latest YouTube video on Tuesday night, the Italian journalist said:
Enzo Fernandez is still being discussed internally at Manchester City. Even today, from what I’m hearing at the club, there were conversations about the Enzo Fernandez situation.
“On player side, Javier Pastore, the agent of the player, had conversations on daily basis these days, even after the deadline set by Chelsea for Enzo Fernandez. I would not be surprised if Manchester City arrive again and try to open negotiations for Enzo Fernandez.
“I would not be surprised because the understanding is that this Enzo situation, yes, on Friday changed the dynamics because Chelsea can now decide whatever they want. Chelsea will be more than happy to keep Fernandez at the club.
“Chelsea are not desperate with this situation, but at the same time, Chelsea are in control. Chelsea decide about the transfer fee. This verbal exit close is no longer valid, so we have to see how the conversations will continue.”
City Need Enzo Fernandez More Than Ever
Enzo Fernandez might not be the most popular player in the Premier League after his behaviour at the 2026 World Cup and how he helped knock England out of the tournament, but there is no doubting the qualities that he brings.
And City need those qualities in their midfield more than ever. Make no mistake, losing Rodri and Bernardo Silva in the same summer is a huge blow for a club who aspires to win the Premier League and Champions League every season.
Right now, City’s central midfield options are new boy Elliot Anderson, Gonzalez and Mateo Kovacic, while Nico O’Reilly can play there too.
As mentioned,
Sports
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s Deportivo Debut Praised by Spanish Media
Former Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang made his debut for La Liga newcomers Deportivo La Coruna on Monday night and all eyes were on the Gabonese frontman.
Aubameyang joined the Spanish outfit from French giants Marseille for a reported €1.5 million (£1.2m) earlier this summer. His arrival at the Estadio Abanca-Riazor has been touted as a statement of intent from Deportivo, who earned promotion back to the top flight last season for the first time since 2018.
The 37-year-old is in the twilight of his career and has become a journeyman, now playing for his 10th European club, having previously spent time at Arsenal and Chelsea in the Premier League. He’ll be eagerly awaiting a meeting with champions Barcelona, a team he represented during a loan spell during the second half of the 2021-22 season.
Aubameyang Makes Deportivo Debut
Aubameyang has become one of the most high-profile signings in Deportivo’s history, and he’s been brought aboard to help Antonio Hidalgo try to keep his new team in the division, having signed a two-year deal.
The 2020 FA Cup winner’s first outing for his new club came at home against Elche, and he proved that age is just a number. He opened the scoring in the 21st minute with a tidy left-footed finish before Marc Aguado equalised for the visitors.
Aubameyang’s debut lasted 85 minutes before he was brought off for Kevin Sanchez, and his display wasn’t just about his first goal for his new club. He managed two shots on target, made one key pass, and won one of four ground duels, quickly reminding Spanish fans of his abilities.
The veteran striker could prove to be the catalyst for Depor to avoid relegation this season and look to become mainstays in La Liga. He’s certainly made a strong start and will be hoping his goal is the first of many as he turns his attention to upcoming games against Malaga (August 24th), Valencia (August 30th) and Villarreal (September 5th).
Fees correct prior to summer 2026
All 10 found — excellent!
Spanish Press Rave About ‘Class’ Aubameyang
Aubameyang’s exploits earned rave reviews from Spanish media, who applauded his impressive strike. AS even pointed out trademark celebration when analysing his debut:
“Then, exquisite control from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with his right foot, followed almost without hesitation by a left-footed shot across goal to beat Dituro. A goal of class. A goal of skill, getting behind the Gabonese defence, who, at 37 years old, still had the energy to celebrate with a somersault.”
Mundo Deportivo highlighted the former Arsenal star’s mentality to put his new team on his back:
“The former Barcelona player, at 37, proved that he hasn’t lost his quality or his nose for goal and that he hasn’t come to A Coruña to rest on his laurels. He controlled the ball superbly with his right foot and fired a shot across goal with his left. A stunning goal and a trademark turnaround put his team ahead.”
The Spanish outlet acknowledged Elche’s dominance before the goal and explained that ‘Aubameyang’s exceptional quality tipped the scales.’ A similar verdict was given by Marca:
“Aubameyang made it clear that, despite being 37 years old, he hasn’t come to A Coruña to spend the final years of his career. The striker displayed speed, commitment, and experience, demonstrating that he wants to be an important player for Deportivo.”
While Aubameyang has only penned a two-year contract with Depor, he could be looking to write his name in the club’s history books. The Spaniards have possessed many iconic strikers in the past, including Brazilian World Cup winner Bebeto and Dutch hero Roy Makaay, who starred in their historic 1999-2000 La Liga title win.
Sports
Fabrizio Romano Reveals New Man City Talks for Enzo Fernandez Deal
Manchester City held fresh internal talks on Tuesday over a deal to sign Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez, despite the deadline passing that the Blues set last week.
Chelsea told clubs they had until 5pm last Friday to make a £120m bid to prise the Argentina international away from Stamford Bridge, with Man City one of the interested clubs in the 25-year-old.
No offer arrived for the South American, and the west London outfit may have assumed that was the end of the situation at that stage.
However, City’s need for new midfielders is increasing after Rodri joined Bernardo Silva in completing a move to LaLiga with Barcelona on Tuesday, while Tijjani Reijnders is on the verge of completing his switch to Saudi club Al-Qadsiah.
Now, David Ornstein has reported that Newcastle are exploring a move for Nico Gonzalez too, with Fabrizio Romano saying that City are open to the Spaniard’s exit despite only signing him just over 18 months ago in a deal worth £50m.
While City are closing in on a deal to sign Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi, there is still a gap in their central midfield, especially if Gonzalez joins the other three in departing.
Despite last week’s deadline set by Chelsea passing, Romano says that City aren’t giving up on Fernandez and that they actually held new talks over a move for him today.
Speaking on his latest YouTube video on Tuesday night, the Italian journalist said:
Enzo Fernandez is still being discussed internally at Manchester City. Even today, from what I’m hearing at the club, there were conversations about the Enzo Fernandez situation.
“On player side, Javier Pastore, the agent of the player, had conversations on daily basis these days, even after the deadline set by Chelsea for Enzo Fernandez. I would not be surprised if Manchester City arrive again and try to open negotiations for Enzo Fernandez.
“I would not be surprised because the understanding is that this Enzo situation, yes, on Friday changed the dynamics because Chelsea can now decide whatever they want. Chelsea will be more than happy to keep Fernandez at the club.
“Chelsea are not desperate with this situation, but at the same time, Chelsea are in control. Chelsea decide about the transfer fee. This verbal exit close is no longer valid, so we have to see how the conversations will continue.”
City Need Enzo Fernandez More Than Ever
Enzo Fernandez might not be the most popular player in the Premier League after his behaviour at the 2026 World Cup and how he helped knock England out of the tournament, but there is no doubting the qualities that he brings.
And City need those qualities in their midfield more than ever. Make no mistake, losing Rodri and Bernardo Silva in the same summer is a huge blow for a club who aspires to win the Premier League and Champions League every season.
Right now, City’s central midfield options are new boy Elliot Anderson, Gonzalez and Mateo Kovacic, while Nico O’Reilly can play there too.
As mentioned, Gonzalez could be on his way if Newcastle can agree a deal with the Spaniard, which would leave Enzo Maresca seriously lacking depth in that position.
Although they are set to spend more than £200m on Anderson and Bouaddi, it will take another £100m+ deal to bring Fernandez to the Etihad.
It is no secret that Maresca is a big fan of the Argentine though, having worked with him during his time as Chelsea boss.
In 2025, he said:
He behaved as a leader and he is doing top, fantastic. For sure Enzo has taken a step forward in that sense. He is showing how good a leader he is, how good he is on the ball, how good he is off the ball and we are delighted with him.
Sports
Fabrizio Romano Reveals New Man City Talks to Sign Enzo Fernandez
Manchester City have held fresh talks on Tuesday over signing Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez, despite the deadline that the Blues set last week expiring.
Chelsea set a deadline of 5pm last Friday for clubs to make a £120m bid to prise the Argentina international away from Stamford Bridge, with Man City one of the interested clubs in the 25-year-old.
No offer arrived for the South American, and the west London outfit may have assumed that was the end of the situation at that stage.
However, City’s need for new midfielders is increasing after Rodri joined Bernardo Silva in completing a move to LaLiga with Barcelona on Tuesday, while Tijjani Reijnders is on the verge of completing his switch to Saudi club Al-Qadsiah.
Now, David Ornstein has reported that Newcastle are exploring a move for Nico Gonzalez too, with Fabrizio Romano saying that City are open to the Spaniard’s exit despite only signing him just over 18 months ago in a deal worth £50m.
While City are closing in on a deal to sign Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi, there is still a gap in their central midfield, especially if Gonzalez joins the other three in departing.
Despite last week’s deadline set by Chelsea passing, Romano says that City aren’t giving up on Fernandez and that they actually held new talks over a move for him today.
Speaking on his latest YouTube video on Tuesday night, the Italian journalist said:
Enzo Fernandez is still being discussed internally at Manchester City. Even today, from what I’m hearing at the club, there were conversations about the Enzo Fernandez situation.
“On player side, Javier Pastore, the agent of the player, had conversations on daily basis these days, even after the deadline set by Chelsea for Enzo Fernandez. I would not be surprised if Manchester City arrive again and try to open negotiations for Enzo Fernandez.
“I would not be surprised because the understanding is that this Enzo situation, yes, on Friday changed the dynamics because Chelsea can now decide whatever they want. Chelsea will be more than happy to keep Fernandez at the club.
“Chelsea are not desperate with this situation, but at the same time, Chelsea are in control. Chelsea decide about the transfer fee. This verbal exit close is no longer valid, so we have to see how the conversations will continue.”
City Need Enzo Fernandez More Than Ever
Enzo Fernandez might not be the most popular player in the Premier League after his behaviour at the 2026 World Cup and how he helped knock England out of the tournament, but there is no doubting the qualities that he brings.
And City need those qualities in their midfield more than ever. Make no mistake, losing Rodri and Bernardo Silva in the same summer is a huge blow for a club who aspires to win the Premier League and Champions League every season.
Right now, City’s central midfield options are new boy Elliot Anderson, Gonzalez and Mateo Kovacic, while Nico O’Reilly can play there too.
As mentioned,
-
Sports2 days agoArsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations
-
Sports1 day agoJeff Bezos Liverpool Deal: Amazon Billionaire’s Involvement Explained
-
Sports1 day agoPaul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
-
Sports1 day agoData Analysts Calculate Every Club’s Chance of Winning 26/27 Premier League
-
Sports1 day agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Sports1 day agoTottenham Agree Guglielmo Vicario Deal With Juventus
-
Business2 days agoIndia-Nigeria trade hits $9bn as firms deepen local production
-
Metro2 days agoOsun election: Police arrest 295 suspects
