Connect with us

Sports

Fabrizio Romano Shares What He’s Hearing on Man Utd Signing Gavi

Published

on


Manchester United are not looking to sign Barcelona star Gavi this summer, with the Spaniard seen as an important part of the squad at the Camp Nou, according to Fabrizio Romano.

The Red Devils have been prioritising a midfield rebuild all summer, and Michael Carrick has already seen both Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans added to his squad ahead of the new season, alongside goalkeeper Karl Darlow and teenage winger sensation Tynan Thompson.

The club are understood to be keen to add a third midfield signing before the deadline if the right opportunity arises, and reports in Spain have linked the club with a move to sign World Cup winner Gavi.

The 22-year-old has fallen down the pecking order with the Catalan club following the arrival of Rodri from Manchester City, with Pedri, Frenkie De Jong, Fermin Lopez, and Marc Bernal all ahead of him.

A report in Spain suggested that the club would be open to a sale for around €55m (£47m), with Man Utd ready to offer around £40m to bring him in. However, when asked about the situation during his latest YouTube video, Romano was adamant that it was “fake news”.

“Some rumours from some Spanish outlet, many of you sent me. Gavi to Manchester United, absolutely fake news,” he said.

“I don’t know where this is coming from, but Gavi is not leaving Barcelona, absolutely impossible.

“Barca are more than happy with Gavi. I would not be surprised if in the next months, Gavi and Barca start discussing a new contract. It’s not something imminent, so I don’t want to throw things that are not happening today, tomorrow, or in a few days. But in the next months, I would not be surprised if you see a conversation between Gavi, and Barca over a new contract.

“Gavi’s super happy with Barca. Rodri joining Barca is only good news for Gavi. Gavi and Rodri have an excellent relationship.

“It doesn’t mean that Rodri is going to Barca so Gavi wants to go, it’s not true at all, and Gavi’s staying.”

Gavi La Liga Stats 2025/26

Appearances

7(4)

Minutes

575

Assists

1

Key Passes (per 90)

0.7

Average Passes (per 90)

37.3

Pass Success %

92.4

Statistics courtesy of WhoScored

Hansi Flick Loves Gavi

Gavi (Spain) with the World Cup REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach

Gavi has been a regular for Barcelona for several years, despite his young age, and has always been widely considered to be one of the better prospects to come out of La Masia in recent times.

But injuries have been a major problem for the Spaniard, and he missed the best part of seven months last season with a knee problem before returning t help them win the La Liga title.

Last summer, however, Flick made it abundantly clear that he is a huge fan of Gavi, and after a pre-season win over FC Seoul, he made it clear that he wants him as part of his squad going forward.

“He can play at number 6 or number 8. We saw him at the end of last season, and he was at a very good level,” he said.

“Here, exactly what I’ve seen from Gavi is what I want to see: pushing the team forward, wearing the armband. It’s good to see him like this.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Fabrizio Romano Reveals New Man City Talks to Sign Enzo Fernandez

Published

on

By


Manchester City have held fresh talks on Tuesday over signing Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez, despite the deadline that the Blues set last week expiring.

Chelsea set a deadline of 5pm last Friday for clubs to make a £120m bid to prise the Argentina international away from Stamford Bridge, with Man City one of the interested clubs in the 25-year-old.

No offer arrived for the South American, and the west London outfit may have assumed that was the end of the situation at that stage.

However, City’s need for new midfielders is increasing after Rodri joined Bernardo Silva in completing a move to LaLiga with Barcelona on Tuesday, while Tijjani Reijnders is on the verge of completing his switch to Saudi club Al-Qadsiah.

Now, David Ornstein has reported that Newcastle are exploring a move for Nico Gonzalez too, with Fabrizio Romano saying that City are open to the Spaniard’s exit despite only signing him just over 18 months ago in a deal worth £50m.

While City are closing in on a deal to sign Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi, there is still a gap in their central midfield, especially if Gonzalez joins the other three in departing.

Despite last week’s deadline set by Chelsea passing, Romano says that City aren’t giving up on Fernandez and that they actually held new talks over a move for him today.

Speaking on his latest YouTube video on Tuesday night, the Italian journalist said:

Enzo Fernandez is still being discussed internally at Manchester City. Even today, from what I’m hearing at the club, there were conversations about the Enzo Fernandez situation.

“On player side, Javier Pastore, the agent of the player, had conversations on daily basis these days, even after the deadline set by Chelsea for Enzo Fernandez. I would not be surprised if Manchester City arrive again and try to open negotiations for Enzo Fernandez.

“I would not be surprised because the understanding is that this Enzo situation, yes, on Friday changed the dynamics because Chelsea can now decide whatever they want. Chelsea will be more than happy to keep Fernandez at the club.

“Chelsea are not desperate with this situation, but at the same time, Chelsea are in control. Chelsea decide about the transfer fee. This verbal exit close is no longer valid, so we have to see how the conversations will continue.”

City Need Enzo Fernandez More Than Ever

Argentina's Enzo Fernandez looks dejected as he walks off the pitch after being shown a red card by the referee REUTERS/Amanda Perobelli

Enzo Fernandez might not be the most popular player in the Premier League after his behaviour at the 2026 World Cup and how he helped knock England out of the tournament, but there is no doubting the qualities that he brings.

And City need those qualities in their midfield more than ever. Make no mistake, losing Rodri and Bernardo Silva in the same summer is a huge blow for a club who aspires to win the Premier League and Champions League every season.

Right now, City’s central midfield options are new boy Elliot Anderson, Gonzalez and Mateo Kovacic, while Nico O’Reilly can play there too.

As mentioned,

Continue Reading

Sports

Fabrizio Romano Reveals New Man City Talks to Sign Enzo Fernandez

Published

on

By


Manchester City have held fresh talks on Tuesday over signing Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez, despite the deadline that the Blues set last week expiring.

Chelsea set a deadline of 5pm last Friday for clubs to make a £120m bid to prise the Argentina international away from Stamford Bridge, with Man City one of the interested clubs in the 25-year-old.

No offer arrived for the South American, and the west London outfit may have assumed that was the end of the situation at that stage.

However, City’s need for new midfielders is increasing after Rodri joined Bernardo Silva in completing a move to LaLiga with Barcelona on Tuesday, while Tijjani Reijnders is on the verge of completing his switch to Saudi club Al-Qadsiah.

Now, David Ornstein has reported that Newcastle are exploring a move for Nico Gonzalez too, with Fabrizio Romano saying that City are open to the Spaniard’s exit despite only signing him just over 18 months ago in a deal worth £50m.

While City are closing in on a deal to sign Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi, there is still a gap in their central midfield, especially if Gonzalez joins the other three in departing.

Despite last week’s deadline set by Chelsea passing, Romano says that City aren’t giving up on Fernandez and that they actually held new talks over a move for him today.

Speaking on his latest YouTube video on Tuesday night, the Italian journalist said:

Enzo Fernandez is still being discussed internally at Manchester City. Even today, from what I’m hearing at the club, there were conversations about the Enzo Fernandez situation.

“On player side, Javier Pastore, the agent of the player, had conversations on daily basis these days, even after the deadline set by Chelsea for Enzo Fernandez. I would not be surprised if Manchester City arrive again and try to open negotiations for Enzo Fernandez.

“I would not be surprised because the understanding is that this Enzo situation, yes, on Friday changed the dynamics because Chelsea can now decide whatever they want. Chelsea will be more than happy to keep Fernandez at the club.

“Chelsea are not desperate with this situation, but at the same time, Chelsea are in control. Chelsea decide about the transfer fee. This verbal exit close is no longer valid, so we have to see how the conversations will continue.”

City Need Enzo Fernandez More Than Ever

Argentina's Enzo Fernandez looks dejected as he walks off the pitch after being shown a red card by the referee REUTERS/Amanda Perobelli

Enzo Fernandez might not be the most popular player in the Premier League after his behaviour at the 2026 World Cup and how he helped knock England out of the tournament, but there is no doubting the qualities that he brings.

And City need those qualities in their midfield more than ever. Make no mistake, losing Rodri and Bernardo Silva in the same summer is a huge blow for a club who aspires to win the Premier League and Champions League every season.

Right now, City’s central midfield options are new boy Elliot Anderson, Gonzalez and Mateo Kovacic, while Nico O’Reilly can play there too.

As mentioned,

Continue Reading

Sports

Tottenham Suffer New Savinho Transfer Blow After Jeremy Doku Injury

Published

on

By


Tottenham Hotspur have suffered a fresh blow in their bid to sign Manchester City winger Savinho, with new reports on Tuesday evening suggesting Jeremy Doku has suffered an injury.

Tottenham have been trying to bring the Brazil international to north London for most of the summer, as they also did this time last year, but they have so far failed to make a breakthrough in negotiations with the eight-time Premier League champions.

The word is that Enzo Maresca’s want to land a replacement for the South American winger before they consider letting him join Spurs, which they are yet to do, with a fortnight to go until the transfer window closes.

Other reports have suggested that the 22-year-old could cost Tottenham as much as £85m, the same fee they paid for Mateus Fernandes, despite other stories earlier in the summer that he could be purchased for closer to the £60-70m mark.

Now, Belgian outlet Nieuwsblad are now reporting that Doku suffered a calf injury during his team’s 3-0 Community Shield defeat to Arsenal on Sunday, and will be out for ‘several weeks’.

While no timeframe has been given by the report from the winger’s home country, it is said that he will definitely miss them hosting Bournemouth at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday in their Premier League opener.

Doku and Savinho both feature from the left-hand side for City, and should the former be confirmed to be out for weeks, it could increase the need for the club to keep hold of the Brazilian, especially as they are yet to sign his replacement.

Tottenham Suffer Double Winger Blow on Same Day

Cody Gakpo Annegret Hilse via Reuters

After a successful summer in the transfer market, frustrations will be high that Tottenham have failed to make progress on deals for Savinho or Gakpo.

Spurs will be hoping that the latest update on Doku doesn’t completely kill a deal, but with a fortnight to go until the window shuts, it certainly raises more doubts over a deal they have failed to seal despite months of negotiations.

TalkSPORT journalist Alex Crook delivered more bad news for Tottenham fans on Tuesday, with his latest information about Gakpo.

All the talk has been that the Dutchman is keen on a move to north London and that the Reds would be willing to sell if they land Paris Saint-Germain duo Ibrahim Mbaye and Bradley Barcola, who they are in talks to sign.

Cody Gakpo Record for Liverpool

Games

180

Goals

50

Assists

23

However, Crook suggests that, after talking to Liverpool sources, the Reds believe that Gakpo could be a big player under Andoni Iraola this term, and that a move to Spurs is currently considered unlikely.

It won’t be long before Tottenham need to turn to alternatives if they are unlikely to land either Gakpo or Savinho, and Pedro Neto of Chelsea could be a name to look out for.

The Portugal international is one of the players linked with a move to Manchester City in recent days as they look to land a new winger, but Fabrizio Romano has confirmed previously that he is also on Spurs’ list as an alternGative option to Gakpo and Savinho.

Raiding their London neighbours would certainly be an interesting move, but Tottenham have shown already this summer they aren’t afraid to show big ambition, as they did when they prised Sandro Tonali away from Newcastle.

Former Chelsea boss Liam Rosenior was certainly a huge fan of the former Wolves man.

“Pedro Neto brings us so many different qualities that we need.

For me, he’s a world-class player, a world-class winger. And what I love about him, as talented as he is and as gifted as he is, what he sacrifices for the team is top.

“He’s going to be really, really important for us for where I think we can get to and what we can achieve for the rest of the season.”

Continue Reading

Trending