Connect with us

Sports

Donald Trump Advisor Hits Out At Gianni Infantino Critics

Published

on


One of US President Donald Trump’s key advisors has made an eye-opening new claim about why Gianni Infantino has so many critics following his failed plot to sell stakes in the World Cup.

The FIFA chief had already raised suspicions because of his close relationship with Trump, with the latter allegedly able to lobby for a decision that saw Folarin Balogun’s red card during the World Cup Round of 16 rescinded – initially raising alarm bells over potential corruption and favouritism.

His announcement following the conclusion of the tournament, which saw Spain crowned champions for just the second time after a 1-0 win over Argentina, has only turned the backlash nuclear. UEFA has led the charge, with multiple European nations, including England, withdrawing their support for the Swiss millionaire ahead of March’s election.

Infantino still retains the backing of several countries, among them Argentina, while the USA has pledged to do everything in its power to keep him in office after he refused to resign following a crisis meeting with FIFA in Morocco. Now, Andrew Giuliani has hit back at Infantino’s critics with a strong new claim.

Andrew Giulani Makes Strong Claim About Why Infantino is Disliked

Andrew Giuliani Brian Snyder via Reuters

Andrew Giuliani, the son of former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and executive director of the White House Task Force for the recently completed World Cup, has voiced his support for embattled FIFA President Gianni Infantino, calling his critics jealous.

The 40-year-old has claimed that politics and pettiness are the true reasons behind the outcry, rather than a conflict of interest like much of the footballing world has emphasised. “It’s politics. I’ve seen this before,” Giuliani told The Athletic.

“I’ve seen it before when they’ve targeted President Trump from a political perspective. I’ve seen it before when they’ve targeted other people.

“People are jealous when people are very ⁠high achievers – and what Gianni Infantino has done for FIFA ⁠is he’s taken them to a whole new level that probably they didn’t think was possible.”

U.S. President Donald Trump and FIFA President Gianni Infantino with the World Cup trophy during the trophy presentatio REUTERS/Lee Smith

He continued: “Look, we are all human beings, and I think it’s one of those things where sport has become ‌monetised and commercialised. I would just say that you have got to look at Gianni’s full body of work and to also realise that he’s always ‌trying ‌to improve his organisation, and I think that’s the thing … I would look at the body of work and say this is the guy I would want leading.”

Trump Has Made His Feelings on the FIFA Chief Very Clear

Donald Trump speaking Credit: Aaron Schwartz / Pool/Sipa USA

With the walls seemingly closing in on Infantino, Trump posted a message on Truth Social Monday night in support of the beleaguered leader. “FIFA would be making a terrible mistake if, for any reason, they even considered replacing President Gianni Infantino,” Trump said.

“He is fantastic, having just presided over the most successful World Cup, by four times, ever presented. If he is gone, it will never be as successful or profitable again!”

You scored

out of 20

It’s also notable that the FFE proposal initially sparked a lot of criticism due to the involvement of private investors, in particular the main proposed investor group, Thrive Eternal, which is headed up by Joshua Kushner – brother of Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Trump.

It’s yet to be seen whether the intervention from the US president is enough to stem the tide that the FIFA president is fighting against, but the White House’s authority cannot be understated after tipping Infantino to also take up a position in European parliament in the future.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Rodri Exit Could Trigger Man City’s Enzo Fernandez Move

Published

on

By



Rodri is set for Barcelona after Manchester City agreed a €76.5m deal in principle, and City are already working on their midfield rebuild.

Ben Jacobs breaks down Manchester City’s advanced talks for Ayyoub Bouaddi and explains why a fresh move for Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez remains possible following Rodri’s departure.

There are also major updates across the transfer market, including Aston Villa’s move for Zion Suzuki, Juventus choosing Guglielmo Vicario over Emi Martinez, Liverpool’s ongoing Bradley Barcola situation and Al-Hilal’s interest in Chelsea winger Pedro Neto.

Plus, the latest on West Ham, Sunderland and Ipswich as Premier League clubs accelerate their business ahead of the new season.

Continue Reading

Sports

Man Utd Make Bruno Fernandes Decision as Galatasaray Plot Bid

Published

on

By


Manchester United have no interest in allowing Bruno Fernandes to leave the club this summer despite interest from Galatasaray, GIVEMESPORT sources understand.

Fernandes’ future has been in the spotlight throughout the summer, with the Red Devils’ midfielder having a year left on his contract. He previously turned down a mouth-watering £65 million contract proposal to join Saudi Pro League giants Al-Hilal last summer.

The 31-year-old later insisted that he wanted to stay at United because of the difficult situation they found themselves in. His team finished 15th in the previous campaign, and he told Wayne Rooney that he didn’t want to jump ship during a crisis.

Last season, the Old Trafford outfit bounced back and sealed Champions League qualification after finishing third. INEOS handed Michael Carrick the managerial job full-time and these factors were thought to have led to Fernandes staying put and even signing a new contract.

Galatasaray Ready Offer For Man Utd’s Fernandes

Bruno Fernandes via Reuters

GIVEMESPORT sources understand that Galatasaray are ready to test the waters with an offer of £42.8 million including add-ons for Fernandes. The Turkish giants are prepared to offer the Portugal international a lucrative four-year contract.

Fernandes has not indicated to United he wants to leave to date, and the club are not looking to engage with any club over a sale. Their stance is that he is not available for any price with just days until the new campaign begins.

The Portugal international remains Carrick’s most important player heading into his first season as permanent head coach. A release clause in his current contract, worth £55.6m, expired in July, meaning interested clubs must now make offers for the player.

Man Utd transfer targets

Given that Fernandes turned down a more lucrative offer from Al-Hilal last year, it might not be a hugely concerning situation for the Red Devils. He has the chance to captain Carrick’s team in a new Premier League era, which is perhaps the most open it has been since the now-departed Pep Guardiola arrived at Manchester City back in 2016.

Fees correct prior to summer 2026

All 10 found — excellent!

INEOS Need To Get Fernandes Future Sorted

Bruno Fernandes

Galatasaray’s interest in Fernandes is a wake-up call for United to sort out their skipper’s contract. While his current deal does include the option of a further year, heading into a season with his future still the subject of speculation is something INEOS should look to avoid.

Perhaps the higher-ups are prepared to part ways next summer but it doesn’t make much sense given he’s just enjoyed the best season of any post-Sir Alex Ferguson player. His record-breaking assist numbers prove he is the one whom they should be looking to build the team around.

Carrick made his feelings clear during pre-season when asked about Fernandes’ future (via BBC Sport):

“Every good team has players that have made a major impact. That’s how it is. Bruno has had that for a period of time here. We want to keep pushing and want to get the best out of Bruno and the team around him… As much as the performances, it’s how he has been around the group, how he leads and takes time to help others, especially the younger players. That comes into play.”

Bruno Fernandes (Premier League 2025-26)

Total

Appearances (Starts)

35 (35)

Goals

9

Assists

21

Goal Involvements (G+A)

30

Penalty Goals

4

Shots (On Target)

85 (24)

Touches

2,689

Pass Accuracy

82%

Corners Taken

90

Discipline

5 Yellows, 0 Reds

United are in a strong negotiating position but so far there has been no agreement over an extension for Fernandes. He’s been with the club since January 2020, arriving from Sporting CP in a £68m deal.

Continue Reading

Sports

Ruud van Nistelrooy Revealed His Son Was Named After Former Celtic & Man Utd Player

Published

on

By


Ruud van Nistelrooy is one of the most clinical finishers in Premier League history, with the Dutchman boasting one of the best goal-per-game ratios the division has ever seen. Representing Manchester United from 2001 to 2006, he lifted one English top-flight trophy.

The Red Devils’ legendary striker is trying to forge a path as a top manager, most recently managing Leicester City in 2025. Sadly for the Dutchman, he couldn’t prevent the Foxes from relegation and he’s since been out of a job.

It’s been a big few years for the Van Nistelrooy household as Ruud had spells in charge of Man Utd and Leicester, before his son was handed a first-ever professional contract by Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven. There has been little fanfare surrounding the offspring of one of the Premier League’s greatest strikers as he used his mother’s surname, ‘Slaats’, for the majority of his youth career.

Van Nistelrooy’s Son’s Name Inspired by Man Utd Teammate

Alan Smith, Alex Ferguson and Liam Miller
Alan Smith, Alex Ferguson and Liam Miller

During a conversation with Gary Neville on The Overlap three years ago, Van Nistelrooy was asked where the name Liam came from. A typically British and Irish name, it was an unusual choice for a Dutch family to select for their child.

The retired striker was quick to point out that he had been inspired by a former teammate at Old Trafford, Liam Miller. The Ireland-born midfielder was signed from Celtic in 2004 and clearly left a big impression on some members of the dressing room. Van Nistelrooy told Neville:

“We played with Liam at United. Liam Miller. I remember that name and I liked the name.”

Miller would only make 22 appearances for the Red Devils in two years before embarking on a journeyman career in England, Scotland and Australia. Tragically, the ex-United man passed away in 2018 after a battle with pancreatic cancer.

After the devastating news of Miller’s passing, a match was played between Celtic and Manchester United, with the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs playing a part. Liam van Nistelrooy will now look to make a mark on PSV, whom his father represented for three years before moving to Old Trafford.

Liam Van Nistelrooy Goes Viral After Scoring For PSV

Ruud watched on with a beaming smile on his face as Liam, 18, scored an impressive goal for PSV’s Under-19 side to send them into the Otten Innovation Cup final.

Released with a long ball, Van Nistelrooy broke free and couldn’t be caught before delicately chipping the ball over the goalkeeper. The ice-cold finish wasn’t the only thing that mirrored his father, as many commented on the striking resemblance between the two strikers.

Statistics in this article are courtesy of Transfermarkt. Correct as of 17-08-26.

Continue Reading

Trending