Metro
Five abductees in Kwara community feared dead in bandits captivity
At least five worshippers kidnapped during the violent attack on ECWA Church in Omugo, located in the Oro Ago District of Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, are reported to have died in terrorists’ captivity.
Coordinator of the Kwara South Joint Security, Zubair Olaitan, confirmed to DAILY POST on Wednesday that the report is true.
The tragic development emerged from reports filtering out of the terrorists’ camp, including accounts provided by one of the abductees who reportedly escaped from the armed gang.
Informed sources revealed that the wife of the church pastor, Rachel Oluwaremilekun Omole, is among those reportedly killed alongside four other abductees.
According to one of the sources, “Five of the Omugo abductees have died in captivity,” though the exact details surrounding the deaths remain sketchy.
“No details of how and where they died,” the source further stated, citing information allegedly provided by one of the victims who escaped from the kidnappers’ den.
The source added that the tragic development has already been relayed to the affected families.
“The sad news has been broken to the families of the deceased,” the source said, adding that relatives of the victims were thrown into mourning following the revelation.
The victims were among worshippers abducted on March 22, 2026, when heavily armed gunmen invaded ECWA Church, Omugo, during a church service in the Oro Ago area.
Witnesses had narrated how the attackers opened fire within and around the church premises, causing panic among congregants before whisking about eight worshippers away into nearby forests.
Following the abduction, the kidnappers reportedly established contact with the families through the father of one of the abductees and demanded a ₦1 billion ransom for the release of the victims.
Sources, however, said the amount was later reviewed downward during negotiations.
Alleged efforts by relatives to secure the victims’ freedom, including the delivery of about ₦20 million, food supplies, and hot drinks requested by the abductors, proved abortive, as the captives were reportedly not released.
Security agencies had earlier disclosed that joint rescue efforts were ongoing to locate the victims and apprehend those behind the attack.
Official confirmation from authorities regarding the reported deaths could not be obtained at the time of filing this report on Wednesday.
Metro
Bauchi police arrest two suspected thugs, rescue three victims in Ningi
The Bauchi State Police Command has arrested two suspected thugs and rescued three victims following an attack in Bununu Town, Ningi Local Government Area of the state.
The incident occurred on Monday, August 17, 2026, when police operatives conducting routine patrol in the town reportedly sighted a group of hoodlums attacking three residents.
According to the command, the victims, aged 30, 31 and 28, all males and residents of Bununu, sustained injuries to their heads and other parts of their bodies during the attack.
The patrol team intervened promptly, leading to the arrest of two alleged members of the group.
The suspects were identified as Ibrahim Hassan, 23, and Bilal Hassan, 22, both residents of Bununu Town.
The command said other members of the gang fled the scene following the arrival of the police.
Police operatives also recovered a sharp knife and a sharp-edged animal horn, locally known as “kaho”, from the suspects.
“The timely intervention of the Police patrol team led to the arrest of two of the attackers, while other members of the gang fled the scene,” the command said in a statement signed by its Police Public Relations Officer, SP Nafiu Habib.
The three injured victims were immediately evacuated to the General Hospital, Bununu, where they received medical attention. The command said they are currently in stable condition.
The suspects reportedly confessed to the crime during interrogation, while the police have commenced a thorough investigation into the incident.
The Commissioner of Police, Sani-Omolori Aliyu, ordered a comprehensive investigation with a view to prosecuting the suspects in court.
The commissioner also warned that the command would not tolerate thuggery, hooliganism or any form of violent conduct capable of threatening peace and public safety in the state.
“The Command will not condone any act of thuggery, hooliganism or violent conduct capable of threatening public peace,” he warned.
Meanwhile, the police said the situation in Bununu has returned to normal, with additional personnel deployed to the area to strengthen security, monitor developments and prevent any further breakdown of law and order.
The command urged residents to remain vigilant and promptly report suspicious activities to the nearest police station.
Metro
Pastor dies after snakebite in Plateau community
A young man of God, identified as Rev Nankur Peter Kundul, has been confirmed dead as a result of a snakebite he suffered while serving in a mission field in Boltim village, Gamakai District of Langtang South Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Rev Kundul, who was a pastor with the Church of Christ in Nations, COCIN, was deployed to the community as a missionary.
A fellow pastor, Rinkyer Asaph, who shared the sad incident on the Christian Daily International social media platform on Monday, said the mission field where the late Kundul served had been invaded by venomous snakes, which had killed other people in the area.
“My heart is deeply saddened by the demise of my friend, Pastor Nankur Peter Kundul of COCIN Boltim, Gamakai, in Langtang South LGA, who lost his life to a snakebite at the Sabon Gida Clinic.
“He died as a result of a snakebite, which has also killed at least two other Christians in the past one week.
“Gamakai is the agricultural nerve centre of Langtang South. Its people depend heavily on farming for their livelihood and food production. The agricultural produce from Gamakai is a source of food security for many families in Langtang South, Plateau and Nigeria.
“But the rising incidence of fatal snakebites in the community is, therefore, not only a public health concern but a serious threat to agricultural activities, as farmers may become increasingly afraid to venture into their farmlands.
“The recent deaths from snakebites in Gamakai have reached an alarming level and demand urgent intervention. Snakebite should not become a death sentence simply because a person lives or farms in Gamakai,” Asaph said.
He called on the health authorities in the state to urgently act to address the snake threat in the area, adding that there was an urgent need to investigate why the venomous snake population in the area was growing.
“Another person must not die from a snakebite that could have been prevented or treated. It is an emerging public health emergency that requires prompt, coordinated and decisive action from the local, state and federal authorities.
“Gamakai is an emergency that deserves a swift response from authorities,” he advised.
Metro
Police raid suspected ‘black spots’ in Yola, arrest 29 suspects
Raids on black spots around Yola, the Adamawa State capital, have led to the arrest of 29 suspects.
Operatives of the state police command also recovered illicit drugs and other items during the operation.
The operation was conducted by men and officers of the Yola Area Police Command, led by the Area Commander, ACP Grace Sanda, following a directive by the Commissioner of Police, Kabir Umar Hassan.
The CP had directed Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) across the state to dismantle locations being used for criminal activities.
According to a statement issued by the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Suleiman Nguroje, the operation resulted in the recovery of dry leaves suspected to be Indian hemp, tramadol capsules and wraps of suspected illicit substances.
Other items recovered included pipes, lighters, bottles and other materials believed to be used for the consumption and distribution of illicit drugs.
“The 29 suspects are currently in police custody as investigators work to establish their individual roles and identify other persons allegedly connected to the activities uncovered during the raids,” Nguroje said in the statement obtained by DAILY POST in the early hours of Tuesday.


-
Entertainment2 days agoAdemola Adeleke Wins Second Term as Osun Governor After Closely Fought Election
-
Sports1 day agoArsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations
-
Sports21 hours agoData Analysts Calculate Every Club’s Chance of Winning 26/27 Premier League
-
Sports13 hours agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Politics2 days agoOsun election: Tinubu congratulates Adeleke after victory
-
Metro2 days agoFire agency recovers two bodies as tanker summersaults in Ibadan [PHOTO]
-
Sports2 days agoIslam Makhachev Wants to Fight Carlos Prates Next
-
Sports2 days agoStrong Verdict Emerges After England Star’s Inter Milan Debut
