Connect with us

Politics

Atiku, ADC can’t recover from Babachir Lawal’s damage – Imran Wakili

Published

on


Political commentator, Imran Wakili has claimed that the African Democratic Congress, ADC, and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may be unable to recover from the political setbacks allegedly caused by former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal.

In a post shared on X on Thursday, Wakili argued that Babachir’s actions had led to the exit of several prominent political figures from the ADC, leaving the party significantly weakened.

“The damage Babachir did to Atiku and ADC—there is no coming back from it! BINDOW is GONE, nobody is left in ADC except Atiku himself.

“Bindow gone, why? Babachir. Abbo gone, why? Babachir. Binani gone, why? Babachir. Nyako gone, why? Babachir. Nafiu Bala legal case, why? Babachir,” Wakili wrote.

DAILY POST recalls that Lawal resigned his membership of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, last month.

The former SGF said he could not remain in a party he accused of operating a “rigging machine” ahead of the 2027 general elections.

He also accused Atiku and his allies of pursuing ethnic and religious interests, arguing that the former vice president’s emergence as a presidential candidate would ultimately strengthen President Bola Tinubu’s chances of securing a second term.




dailypost.ng

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Osun Election: 20 of our members killed, 30 receiving treatment – Accord

Published

on

By


The Osun State chapter of Accord Party has denied allegations that its members attacked supporters of the All Progressives Congress, APC, after the August 15, 2026 governorship election.

The party, in a statement issued on Tuesday by its state chairman, Pastor Victor Akande, described the allegation as a concoction of lies and propaganda.

📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app




dailypost.ng

Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Election: ‘I had no electoral deal’ — Adeleke denies alliance with ADC

Published

on

By


Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has clarified that he had no electoral agreement or partnership with the African Democratic Congress, ADC, prior to, during, or after the state’s recent governorship election.

The governor spoke in a statement he released on Tuesday.

📱 Continue reading on the Daily Post app →
Free • No sign-up • Read the full story in the app




dailypost.ng

Continue Reading

Politics

Osun Election: Dangote, Akpabio called me to delete my tweet – Davido

Published

on

By


Afrobeats singer, Davido, has claimed that Senate President Godswill Akpabio and business mogul, Aliko Dangote, called him to delete one of his tweets during the just-concluded Osun State governorship election.

Davido made the claim while speaking on News Central Television, days after he mounted pressure on the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Federal Government over the conduct of the election.

The singer, who openly supported his uncle, Governor Ademola Adeleke, during the election, also alleged that large amounts of money were brought to the state in an attempt to influence the outcome of the poll.

“If you saw the cash these people brought to the election that day, if they had gotten away with that election, Nigeria would have been finished by now because the blueprint of Nigerian election would have been violence and vote buying,” Davido said.

He further claimed that his camp did not spend money on election day, despite what he described as widespread attempts at vote-buying.

“We didn’t spend a dime on the election day. Akpabio and Aliko Dangote called me to delete my tweet,” he said.

Davido also urged his uncle to serve as an example to other governors, saying Governor Adeleke’s victory came despite what he described as overwhelming odds against him.

“My uncle should be an example to other governors. With all odds against us, my uncle still won,” he said.

The singer added that his father, Adedeji Adeleke, also supported the governor throughout the election period.

“Even my dad was praying and fasting seven times a day for my uncle,” he said.

Davido had, during the election, posted a series of tweets on X criticising the APC, INEC and the Federal Government over developments surrounding the poll.

Adeleke, the candidate of the Accord Party, was eventually declared winner of the election by INEC after polling 511,067 votes to defeat the APC candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes.




dailypost.ng

Continue Reading

Trending