Sports
Egypt Manager Divorces Wife After Shocking Brawl Video
Egypt manager Hossam Hassan found himself caught in the middle of an altercation between his two wives, leading to the 60-year-old collapsing.
Hassan was involved in plenty of controversy at the 2026 World Cup, especially when his team were knocked out at the Round of 16 stage by Argentina. He got involved in discussions surrounding corruption and even threw up the ‘X’ sign during the match.
Just over one month later, and he’s back in the headlines. This time, his personal life has come to the fore, with his first and second wives getting involved in a fight.
According to talkSPORT, Howaida El-Gharbawy and Dina Mostafa, Hassan’s first and second wives, respectively, got into a heated argument in a cafe. The incident took place in Porto Marina.
The confrontation quickly turned physical as both women sustained injuries before being pulled apart by onlookers. Hassan tried to stop things from escalating but reportedly fainted in his attempt.
Footage emerged online, showing one of the women being dragged away, while the other was helped back to her feet. They both ended up with cuts and bruises. Watch the scuffle below.
As a result of the shocking incident, Hassan has opted to divorce Howaida, his first wife. The pair have three children together and had previously separated in 2022 before resuming their marriage just over a week later. The 60-year-old football manager also married Dina in 2015.
Why Did Hossam Hassan Have Two Wives?
In Egypt, a man is legally allowed to marry up to four different women. The law states that he must inform both his previous and future wives of his intentions.
Men also have no waiting period after divorce before they can remarry, but the African country has a law which prevents women from doing so for three months. It means Hassan could now marry another wife at any time, but Howaida would have to wait at least 90 days.
It comes over a month after Hassan had to be dragged down the tunnel of the Atlanta Stadium as he fumed at referee decisions which led to his country’s World Cup exit.
Following the defeat, he suggested there had been favouritism towards their South American opponents. More specifically, Lionel Messi.
He said: “We looked better than the reigning champions – better in everything – but the result was influenced by internal factors on the pitch and external factors off it.
“Perhaps they wanted to keep the world champion in the competition. Perhaps they wanted Messi to stay in the running.
“In football, there are sometimes external factors that go beyond the technical aspects. The world champion received support at every.” level.
Sports
Tottenham Suffer New Savinho Transfer Blow After Jeremy Doku Injury
Tottenham Hotspur have suffered a fresh blow in their bid to sign Manchester City winger Savinho, with new reports on Tuesday evening suggesting Jeremy Doku has suffered an injury.
Tottenham have been trying to bring the Brazil international to north London for most of the summer, as they also did this time last year, but they have so far failed to make a breakthrough in negotiations with the eight-time Premier League champions.
The word is that Enzo Maresca’s want to land a replacement for the South American winger before they consider letting him join Spurs, which they are yet to do, with a fortnight to go until the transfer window closes.
Other reports have suggested that the 22-year-old could cost Tottenham as much as £85m, the same fee they paid for Mateus Fernandes, despite other stories earlier in the summer that he could be purchased for closer to the £60-70m mark.
Now, Belgian outlet Nieuwsblad are now reporting that Doku suffered a calf injury during his team’s 3-0 Community Shield defeat to Arsenal on Sunday, and will be out for ‘several weeks’.
While no timeframe has been given by the report from the winger’s home country, it is said that he will definitely miss them hosting Bournemouth at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday in their Premier League opener.
Doku and Savinho both feature from the left-hand side for City, and should the former be confirmed to be out for weeks, it could increase the need for the club to keep hold of the Brazilian, especially as they are yet to sign his replacement.
Tottenham Suffer Double Winger Blow on Same Day
After a successful summer in the transfer market, frustrations will be high that Tottenham have failed to make progress on deals for Savinho or Gakpo.
Spurs will be hoping that the latest update on Doku doesn’t completely kill a deal, but with a fortnight to go until the window shuts, it certainly raises more doubts over a deal they have failed to seal despite months of negotiations.
TalkSPORT journalist Alex Crook delivered more bad news for Tottenham fans on Tuesday, with his latest information about Gakpo.
All the talk has been that the Dutchman is keen on a move to north London and that the Reds would be willing to sell if they land Paris Saint-Germain duo Ibrahim Mbaye and Bradley Barcola, who they are in talks to sign.
|
Cody Gakpo Record for Liverpool |
|
|---|---|
|
Games |
180 |
|
Goals |
50 |
|
Assists |
23 |
However, Crook suggests that, after talking to Liverpool sources, the Reds believe that Gakpo could be a big player under Andoni Iraola this term, and that a move to Spurs is currently considered unlikely.
It won’t be long before Tottenham need to turn to alternatives if they are unlikely to land either Gakpo or Savinho, and Pedro Neto of Chelsea could be a name to look out for.
The Portugal international is one of the players linked with a move to Manchester City in recent days as they look to land a new winger, but Fabrizio Romano has confirmed previously that he is also on Spurs’ list as an alternGative option to Gakpo and Savinho.
Raiding their London neighbours would certainly be an interesting move, but Tottenham have shown already this summer they aren’t afraid to show big ambition, as they did when they prised Sandro Tonali away from Newcastle.
Former Chelsea boss Liam Rosenior was certainly a huge fan of the former Wolves man.
“Pedro Neto brings us so many different qualities that we need.
For me, he’s a world-class player, a world-class winger. And what I love about him, as talented as he is and as gifted as he is, what he sacrifices for the team is top.
“He’s going to be really, really important for us for where I think we can get to and what we can achieve for the rest of the season.”
Sports
Jamie O’Hara Predicts Top 6 for 2026-27 Season
Jamie O’Hara has given his prediction of how the Premier League table will look at the end of the upcoming 2026-27 season and he’s backing Tottenham Hotspur to majorly improve.
Spurs were last season’s biggest disappointment, finishing 17th and avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth on the final day. Roberto De Zerbi has since been backed in the transfer market with six new signings, including the club-record £100 million arrival of Sandro Tonali from Newcastle United.
The new campaign kicks off on Friday when defending champions Arsenal host newly-promoted Coventry City at the Emirates. O’Hara has also revealed whether he sees the Gunners lifting the title again come May next year.
O’Hara Predicts Premier League Top Six
Predicting the Premier League is a difficult task, given that there are often many surprises, such as Sunderland qualifying for the Europa League last season. Most fans are always keen to hear from former players and how they see their respective club performing over the course of 38 matches.
O’Hara gave his verdict on talkSPORT, starting with the top six and he believes his former club Spurs will be returning to European football: “Arsenal will win the league, Man City will finish second, Man United will finish third, Chelsea will finish fourth, Liverpool will finish fifth and Spurs will finish sixth.”
The former Spurs midfielder won’t have enjoyed choosing Arsenal as his champions but Mikel Arteta’s men are heavy favourites to successfully defend their crown. They eased to a 3-0 victory over Manchester City in the Community Shield last Sunday and the Citizens have been expected to be their closest challengers.
City put in a lackluster performance that raised alarm bells as they enter a new era without Pep Guardiola in charge. Former Chelsea boss Enzo Maresca succeeded the Spaniard earlier this summer and is tasked with building on the most successful period in the club’s history.
Manchester United and Chelsea complete O’Hara’s top four and that will be a job well done for Xabi Alonso at Stamford Bridge if it comes to fruition. The Blues faltered last season, missing out on Europe in dismal fashion before turning to the Spaniard.
Perhaps O’Hara’s most controversial take is that he sees Liverpool finishing fifth. The Reds head into the new season with Andoni Iraola at the helm and the former Bournemouth boss is tipped to be a success at Anfield after replacing Arne Slot.
O’Hara explained to co-host Rory Jennings, who disagreed with his stance on the Merseysiders: “Liverpool ain’t gonna be that great. The team’s not there… I think he’s (Iraola) a good manager but they’ve got a long way to go.”
Spurs may be splashing the cash to rebuild De Zerbi’s squad, but the North London outfit are outsiders to achieve European qualification. But without midweek football, they could enjoy a season similar to United’s, who finished third last term under Michael Carrick.
|
Jamie O’Hara’s Premier League 2026-27 Top Six |
|||
|
Position |
Club |
2025–26 Finish |
|
|
1 |
Arsenal |
1st (Champions) |
|
|
2 |
Manchester City |
2nd |
|
|
3 |
Manchester United |
3rd |
|
|
4 |
Chelsea |
10th |
|
|
5 |
Liverpool |
5th |
|
|
6 |
Tottenham Hotspur |
17th |
|
Fees correct prior to summer 2026
All 10 found — excellent!
O’Hara’s Relegation Picks
Two newcomers avoided the drop last season after Sunderland pulled off a remarkable seventh-placed finish and Leeds United claimed 14th. West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers’ spells in the top flight ended, while Burnley, were sent straight back down to the EFL Championship.
Coventry, Ipswich Town and Hull City will be hoping to replicate the Black Cats and the Peacocks and remain in the Premier League. While O’Hara believes Frank Lampard’s Sky Blues are the strongest of the three newly-promoted sides, he doesn’t have much confidence in any of them:
“Hull, Ipswich, I don’t want to say Palace cos I think Palace will be alright. I don’t think it’s Newcastle (one of Jennings’ picks)… I like Frank Lampard and I really want him to do well, I think they’ll go down but I think they’ll put up one hell of a fight.”
|
Jamie O’Hara’s Premier League 2026-27 Bottom Three |
|||
|
Position |
Club |
||
|
18 |
Coventry City |
||
|
19 |
Ipswich Town |
||
|
20 |
Hull City |
||
Should Coventry stay up, O’Hara has concerns over Crystal Palace and believes they could be in trouble. But he has predicted all three newcomers to be relegated for just the third time in Premier League history.
Sports
Fabrizio Romano Shares What He’s Hearing on Man Utd Signing Gavi
Manchester United are not looking to sign Barcelona star Gavi this summer, with the Spaniard seen as an important part of the squad at the Camp Nou, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Red Devils have been prioritising a midfield rebuild all summer, and Michael Carrick has already seen both Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans added to his squad ahead of the new season, alongside goalkeeper Karl Darlow and teenage winger sensation Tynan Thompson.
The club are understood to be keen to add a third midfield signing before the deadline if the right opportunity arises, and reports in Spain have linked the club with a move to sign World Cup winner Gavi.
The 22-year-old has fallen down the pecking order with the Catalan club following the arrival of Rodri from Manchester City, with Pedri, Frenkie De Jong, Fermin Lopez, and Marc Bernal all ahead of him.
A report in Spain suggested that the club would be open to a sale for around €55m (£47m), with Man Utd ready to offer around £40m to bring him in. However, when asked about the situation during his latest YouTube video, Romano was adamant that it was “fake news”.
“Some rumours from some Spanish outlet, many of you sent me. Gavi to Manchester United, absolutely fake news,” he said.
“I don’t know where this is coming from, but Gavi is not leaving Barcelona, absolutely impossible.
“Barca are more than happy with Gavi. I would not be surprised if in the next months, Gavi and Barca start discussing a new contract. It’s not something imminent, so I don’t want to throw things that are not happening today, tomorrow, or in a few days. But in the next months, I would not be surprised if you see a conversation between Gavi, and Barca over a new contract.
“Gavi’s super happy with Barca. Rodri joining Barca is only good news for Gavi. Gavi and Rodri have an excellent relationship.
“It doesn’t mean that Rodri is going to Barca so Gavi wants to go, it’s not true at all, and Gavi’s staying.”
|
Gavi La Liga Stats 2025/26 |
|
|---|---|
|
Appearances |
7(4) |
|
Minutes |
575 |
|
Assists |
1 |
|
Key Passes (per 90) |
0.7 |
|
Average Passes (per 90) |
37.3 |
|
Pass Success % |
92.4 |
|
Statistics courtesy of WhoScored |
|
Hansi Flick Loves Gavi
Gavi has been a regular for Barcelona for several years, despite his young age, and has always been widely considered to be one of the better prospects to come out of La Masia in recent times.
But injuries have been a major problem for the Spaniard, and he missed the best part of seven months last season with a knee problem before returning t help them win the La Liga title.
Last summer, however, Flick made it abundantly clear that he is a huge fan of Gavi, and after a pre-season win over FC Seoul, he made it clear that he wants him as part of his squad going forward.
“He can play at number 6 or number 8. We saw him at the end of last season, and he was at a very good level,” he said.
“Here, exactly what I’ve seen from Gavi is what I want to see: pushing the team forward, wearing the armband. It’s good to see him like this.”
-
Sports2 days agoArsenal Fans Left Heartbroken By Duo’s Actions During Community Shield Celebrations
-
Sports1 day agoJeff Bezos Liverpool Deal: Amazon Billionaire’s Involvement Explained
-
Sports1 day agoData Analysts Calculate Every Club’s Chance of Winning 26/27 Premier League
-
Sports1 day agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Sports23 hours agoPaul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
-
Sports1 day agoTottenham Agree Guglielmo Vicario Deal With Juventus
-
Politics2 days agoOsun election: ADC’s Najeem Salaam congratulates Adeleke, urges respect for people’s mandate
-
Business2 days agoIndia-Nigeria trade hits $9bn as firms deepen local production
