Connect with us

Sports

Man Utd Rocked as Jarrod Bowen Rejects Summer Transfer Move

Published

on


Manchester United and other top Premier League clubs have been rocked after a West Ham United star they were targeting decided the club he wants to play for next season.

Man United have already completed their first signing of the summer in Atalanta midfielder Ederson after a full agreement was reached, with the Brazilian due to finalise the move at the beginning of July.

Ederson isn’t the only midfielder set to arrive at Old Trafford next month though, with Colombian youngster Cristian Orozco also set to seal his switch when he turns 18 on July 13.

The Red Devils could still add two more midfielders to their squad after Ederson, should Manuel Ugarte follow Casemiro through the exit door in the summer transfer window.

Reports earlier in the summer suggested that Sir Jim Ratcliffe is keen to cash in on the Uruguay international following an underwhelming two-year spell at the club.

United are said to be looking at many options, including Premier League-based quartet Mateus Fernandes, Elliot Anderson, Sandro Tonali and Carlos Baleba, as well as Aurelien Tchouameni of Real Madrid.

While a central midfield rebuild is the priority for United chiefs and Michael Carrick, they are likely to look at strengthening other positions too.

Man United Target Jarrod Bowen Wants West Ham Stay

Jarrod Bowen

According to the Sun, Manchester United, along with Premier League rivals Chelsea and Newcastle United, are all keen on West Ham’s England international Jarrod Bowen following the club’s relegation to the Championship.

There have not been any formal approaches yet for the 29-year-old, but it appears that it might be a waste of time after the player’s stance on a move away emerged.

The report adds that the forward has stated his desire to remain at the London Stadium to help the club make an immediate return to the Premier League.

The Irons have told interested suitors that they intend to keep their captain at the club this summer, despite the fact that they do need to raise money through player sales.

While many of his teammates suffered a 50% pay cut after relegation, Bowen will remain on his same £100,000-a-week-plus wages in the second tier.

World Cup History Quiz

You scored

out of 20

United Seriously Pushing to Sign ‘Future Ballon d’Or Contender’

Hoffenheim defender Bazoumana Toure defends

While a move for Bowen looks to be off the cards, it seems clear that United are considering adding a player out wide given the number of players they are being linked with for the position.

Aston Villa’s Morgan Rogers and AC Milan’s Rafael Leao are just two of the names heavily mentioned in recent weeks, while a new report has claimed that the Red Devils are ‘seriously pushing’ to sign Bazoumana Toure from Hoffenheim.

Newcastle have already made a move for the Ivory Coast international, although United are said to be trying to do everything to bring him to Old Trafford instead.

If Carrick wants to add some pace and directness to his attack, you can understand a move for Toure, who has established himself as one of the fastest players in the Bundesliga and in Europe in recent seasons.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Man Utd in Talks to Sign Barcelona Star Alejandro Balde

Published

on

By


Manchester United have held talks over the potential signing of Barcelona left-back Alejandro Balde, with Fabrizio Romano providing the latest.

It’s no secret that United are in the market for a new left-back this summer, with Newcastle United’s Lewis Hall reportedly one of their targets.

Unfortunately for the Red Devils, a deal with the Magpies is looking tricky to do, as they don’t want to lose the England international.

United currently have Luke Shaw and Patrick Dorgu as their primary left-back options, but they might be looking for a younger profile, with the former reaching the latter stages of his career.

Shaw has regularly suffered from injury problems throughout his career, although last season was an anomaly after he stayed injury-free.

Reporting on X, Italian journalist Romano has confirmed that Manchester United have held talks with the camp of Barcelona left-back Balde over a possible move.

The respected journalist confirms that the Barcelona star is happy at the La Liga giants, so it’s unclear if they’d be able to secure his signature.

“Manchester United keep looking for new left back, next priority after Baleba deal. There have been calls with Alejandro Balde’s camp over last days to understand if exit is possible and conditions. Balde, happy at Barcelona.”

Romano confirms that signing a left-back is United’s next priority after they secure the signature of Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba.

​​​​​​​

Man Utd understandably want third midfielder

Carlos Baleba during a Brighton & Hove Albion pre-match warm-up via Reuters

Romano has confirmed that Manchester United are expected to reach an agreement to secure the signature of Baleba from Brighton this summer.

It’s no surprise that the Red Devils are in the market for another midfielder, despite already bringing in Youri Tielemans and Andrey Santos.

Santos is relatively inexperienced in the Premier League, while Tielemans is reaching the latter stages of his career.

Someone like Baleba is the ideal balance of a player with plenty of Premier League experience but also many years ahead of him.

Baleba is also ideal in terms of profile, being a physical ball-winning midfielder who is also comfortable in possession.

It’s not going to be cheap to secure his signature in the summer transfer window, but the signing could completely revolutionise their midfield when coupled with Tielemans and Santos.

Continue Reading

Sports

Leeds Join Race With Nottingham Forest to Sign Chelsea’s Liam Delap

Published

on

By


Leeds have joined the race to sign Chelsea striker Liam Delap in the summer transfer window, according to GIVEMESPORT sources.

Delap made the move to Stamford Bridge last summer after Chelsea activated his release clause following Ipswich Town’s relegation from the Premier League.

The English striker struggled to make an impact since joining the club, and he is now attracting interest ahead of a potential move in the summer.

Chelsea have a number of options in the centre forward position, including Nicolas Jackson and Joao Pedro.

Leeds might be looking to bring in another centre forward option due to Joel Piroe making the move to West Ham this week.

According to GIVEMESPORT sources, Leeds have now entered the race to sign Chelsea striker Liam Delap in the summer transfer window, but they face competition for his signature.

Nottingham Forest and Everton are also believed to be keen on the powerful forward in the final weeks of the market.

Chelsea sources say that Delap has a £50 million asking price, but the interested clubs believe that a deal in the region of £40 million would be possible.

Delap made the move to Chelsea for a fee of £30 million. Despite enduring a difficult time last season, the Blues are looking to make a profit if they sell him this summer.

Leeds have enjoyed a strong transfer window so far, and they’re clearly looking to add to their striker department before the market closes.

Leeds enjoying strong transfer window

james trafford via Reuters

So far in this summer transfer window, Leeds have secured the signings of James Trafford, Tarik Muharemovic, Nico Elvedi, and Harry Wilson.

The Yorkshire club have significantly improved their centre-back options while bringing in one of the most highly rated young goalkeepers in the world.

Further forward, Harry Wilson, who enjoyed a strong 25-26 season with Fulham, has signed on a free transfer.

Leeds’ business doesn’t appear to be over just yet, though, with signing a centre-forward clearly one of their priorities in the final weeks.

Delap would certainly provide some strong competition for Dominic Calvert-Lewin up front, and they are similar profiles in terms of being powerful strikers.

Continue Reading

Sports

Man City Prepared to Bid for Enzo Fernandez as Five-Man Transfer Shortlist Emerges

Published

on

By


Manchester City have several midfield options and are expected to sign two between now and the end of the window, GMS understands.

Man City have lost Rodri and Bernardo Silva to Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively already this summer, while Tiijjani Reijnders has joined Saudi side Al-Qadsiah.

The Dutchman might not be the last midfield exit of the summer transfer window however, with Newcastle United in club-to-club talks with the eight-time Premier League champions over a deal to sign Nico Gonzalez.

Should the Spaniard join the aforementioned trio in leaving the Etihad, it would leave Enzo Maresca with Elliot Anderson, Mateo Kovacic, Nico O’Reilly and Matheus Nunes as his only specialist central midfield players, although the latter duo have often played as full-backs.

City are advancing in talks to sign Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi, with the 18-year-old excelling as a first-team regular with the Ligue 1 outfit, before shining for Morocco at the 2026 World Cup.

The teenager may well be the first new midfielder through the door at the Etihad, but Maresca wants at least one more to boost his squad ahead of the September 1 deadline.

Man City Looking at Five Midfielders

Argentina's Enzo Fernandez looks dejected as he walks off the pitch after being shown a red card by the referee REUTERS/Amanda Perobelli

According to GMS sources, Man City are prepared to make a bid for Enzo Fernandez despite the 5pm deadline Chelsea set for a deal last Friday expiring.

The Blues were demanding £120m for the Argentina international at that point, and it remains to be seen what City would need to offer now to convince their Premier League rivals to sell at this late stage of the transfer window.

It’s no secret that Maresca is a big fan of Fernandez, having already worked alongside him at Stamford Bridge previously. Speaking in 2025, the Italian boss said:

He behaved as a leader and he is doing top, fantastic. For sure Enzo has taken a step forward in that sense. He is showing how good a leader he is, how good he is on the ball, how good he is off the ball and we are delighted with him.

The 25-year-old isn’t the only English top flight midfielder City are looking at in the final days of the window, with Fernandez’s Argentine international teammate Alexis Mac Allister at Liverpool also appreciated.

Meanwhile, they have also made an enquiry for Crystal Palace star Adam Wharton, as revealed on last week’s episode of GIVEMESPORT’s Market Madness podcast.

City also made an approach for another English midfielder last month in Bournemouth’s Alex Scott, although the Cherries have so far successfully kept hold of the Three Lions international, having already turned down a £64m bid from Chelsea earlier this summer.

As they prepare to embark on their first-ever European campaign under new manager Marco Rose, the south coast outfit insist the 22-year-old is not for sale.

One newer name on City’s list is Manu Kone of AS Roma, with the France international also linked with moves to Manchester United and Arsenal this summer.

Man City’s five-man midfield shortlist:

  • Enzo Fernandez
  • Alexis Mac Allister
  • Adam Wharton
  • Alex Scott
  • Manu Kone
Continue Reading

Trending