Metro
Ogun police nab 2 suspected kidnappers linked to Edo State murder
Ogun State Police Command has arrested two suspected kidnappers wanted in a murder case in Okada area of Edo State.
The suspects, Muhammed Sanni, aged 20 and Gafaru Adamu, aged 25 are members of a seven-man kidnapping gang.
The police spokesperson, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, in a statement on Saturday, said they were nabbed on Thursday by personnel of the Nigeria Forest Security Service and handed over to the command.
Babaseyi noted that on investigation, it was discovered that the suspects are wanted in connection with an ongoing investigation into a kidnapping and murder case reported in Edo State.
Items recovered from them include one pair of Police camouflage uniform and three mobile phones.
“Following extensive profiling and investigation, the suspects were identified as Gafaru Adamu, ‘m’, aged 25, and Muhammed Sanni, ‘m’, aged 20. Preliminary findings revealed that the suspects are wanted in connection with an ongoing investigation into a kidnapping and murder case reported in the Okada area of Edo State.
“Further intelligence gathered by the Command indicates that the suspects are alleged members of a seven-man kidnapping syndicate linked to the incident under investigation.
“During the course of the investigation, operatives recovered one pair of Police camouflage uniform and three mobile phones from the suspects. The exhibits have been properly documented and taken into custody to aid further investigation,” Babaseyi stated.
The command’s image maker noted that since the alleged offenses under investigation occurred outside Ogun State, the suspects and all recovered exhibits will be transferred to the Edo State Police Command for further investigation and other necessary legal processes.
Meanwhile, the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Bode Ojajuni, commended the professionalism, diligence, and intelligence-gathering capabilities of the operatives whose swift actions led to the identification of the suspects and the recovery of critical exhibits.
The CP reiterated that the command remains resolute in its determination to prevent criminal elements from using Ogun State as a hideout or transit point for unlawful activities.
He assured residents that the Command will continue to deploy intelligence-led strategies, proactive policing measures, and strategic inter-state collaboration to strengthen public safety and security across the state.
Ojajuni also encouraged members of the public to remain vigilant and continue providing timely and credible information that will assist law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime and criminality.
Metro
FCT police arrest 10 traffic robbers, 20 one-way offenders
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has arrested 10 suspected traffic robbers and 20 motorists for allegedly driving against traffic, popularly known as ‘one-way’.
The FCT Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Mohammed Sanusi, disclosed this on Wednesday while giving an update on the command’s recent operations.
Sanusi said the crackdown followed complaints from residents about criminals who rob motorists and passengers during traffic congestion, sometimes disguising themselves as hawkers.
He said he had directed Divisional Police Officers, particularly those operating in the city centre, to remove suspicious persons from major roads and traffic points.
“So far, we have arrested ten traffic robbery suspects,” Sanusi said.
He listed the suspects as Umar Salihu, Yusuf Isah, Aliyu Hamza, Abubakar Naziru, Muhammed Musa, Yagugu Mohammed, Suwidi Jibril, Kasimu Taraba, Abubakar Sani and Aminu Umar.
According to him, the suspects are currently in police custody and are undergoing investigation.
He also disclosed that 20 motorists arrested by the command for various traffic offences, particularly driving against traffic, had been charged in court.
He further said that three victims were kidnapped from their residence in the Nyanya area of the FCT on August 14 and taken to New Nyanya in Nasarawa State, where they were held by their abductors. According to him, police operatives from the Violent Crime Response Unit, Team 1, tracked the suspects with the help of information provided by a resident and arrested two persons allegedly linked to the kidnapping.
He identified the suspects as Godwin Afekhide and Aaron Ogbu.
“All three victims were rescued unharmed and reunited with their family,” he said.
The Commissioner of Police further disclosed the arrest of suspects linked to armed robbery, burglary and the alleged receiving of stolen property.
He said one Ismail Tasiu, 32, was arrested at a hotel in Jabi following investigations into robbery incidents in Nyanya and Kubwa.
According to him, Tasiu was arrested alongside Adamu Aliyu, 35, who was allegedly identified as a receiver of stolen items.
Police recovered five motorcycles, three knives, a number plate and a face cap bearing the inscription Kaduna State Vigilante Service from the suspects.
“We also arrested six suspects linked to burglary and armed robbery. Investigations revealed that the gang specialised in breaking into houses at night, stealing valuables and stabbing their victims,” Sanusi added.
The Commissioner of Police assured residents that the command would sustain its operations against criminal elements across the FCT.
Metro
Borno: Four ISWAP fighters surrender, expose terrorist enclave
Four members of the Islamic State West Africa Province, ISWAP, have surrendered to Nigerian troops in Borno State, providing information on the activities and structure of a terrorist enclave in Marte Local Government Area.
The development was contained in information obtained by security analyst and counter-insurgency expert, Zagazola Makama.
The four individuals, comprising two adults and two minors, reportedly told investigators that they had been abducted and forced into the terrorist group at different locations in Borno State.
They were identified as Isha Bukar, 19, from Gamboru Ngala; Abubakar Alkali, 25, from Monguno; Tijani Mele, 15, from Dikwa; and Abubakar Mohammed Mairiga, 24, from Damboa.
Bukar said he was abducted about a year ago by his elder brother, who was an ISWAP member, and taken to the Arinna Chiki terrorist camp in Marte.
Alkali said ISWAP fighters abducted him while he was working on his farm at Buluwa village in Marte, while Mele said he was abducted by his brother while fetching firewood around the Gudunbali General Area in Guzamala.
Mairiga, a fisherman from Damboa, reportedly said he was abducted by ISWAP fighters while fishing at Dowoshi in Kukawa Local Government Area.
The four later escaped from the camp and surrendered to Nigerian troops, with military sources attributing their decision partly to sustained airstrikes and psychological operations that had disrupted activities within the enclave.
According to the sources, the military pressure had worsened conditions inside the camp, leaving some members increasingly disillusioned with the group.
“Survival in such condition was nearly impossible,” one of the former members reportedly said.
According to the information provided by the former ISWAP members, Arinna Chiki in Marte is a major terrorist enclave, with the camp’s leadership, internal structure and operations also disclosed to investigators.
The camp is reportedly headed by individuals identified as Abu Salim and Abu Riana, alongside other commanders, and comprises several settlements, including Gari Ba’amfani, Mujiza, Guzuma, Sabon Tumbu, Yates Kura and Latimer.
Investigators were also told that weapons are issued to fighters before operations and returned to the leadership afterwards. The group reportedly conducts attacks in parts of Borno, including Monguno, Marte, Ngoshe and Gamboru Ngala, as well as across the border in Cameroon.
ISWAP also reportedly relies on attacks against civilians, commuters and farming activities to obtain supplies and sustain its operations.
Following their surrender, the four individuals were taken to Headquarters Sector 3 for processing and further interrogation.
The development comes amid sustained military operations involving ground offensives, airstrikes and psychological operations aimed at degrading terrorist networks in the North-East and encouraging fighters and their associates to abandon the insurgency.
Metro
Police kill suspected kidnapper, armed robber, recover arms in Anambra
Operatives of the Anambra State Police Command have killed two suspected criminals terrorizing parts of the state, recovering arms from them.
A statement by the spokesperson of the command, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, stated that the incident happened in Eziowelle community, Idemili North Local Government Area.
The statement said, “In the early morning of today, 19th August 2026, operatives of the command attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu received credible information that a group of suspected armed robbers/kidnappers had been sighted along Eziowelle Road.
“The Police operatives swiftly mobilized to the area and on sighting the Police team, the hoodlums opened fire on them, leading to a gun duel.
“During the ensuing encounter, two of the suspects sustained fatal gunshot injuries, while other members of the gang fled the scene with varying degrees of gunshot wounds.
“The operatives recovered one AK-47 rifle with a magazine containing four live rounds of ammunition, one pump-action gun and five live cartridges from the scene.”
The command described the incident as a breakthrough in its ongoing intelligence-led operations against kidnapping, armed robbery and other violent crimes across the state.
The statement added that the command, under the leadership of CP Nnanna Oji Ama, remains resolute in its determination to sustain intelligence-led and proactive operations aimed at dismantling criminal networks and ensuring the safety and security of residents.
The command said it has commenced further investigations into the matter and intensified efforts to track down the fleeing members of the gang.
-
Sports2 days agoPaul Scholes Predicts Final 2026-27 Premier League Top 6
-
Sports2 days agoMan Utd Injury Update on 8 Stars Ahead of Premier League Opener vs Hull
-
Sports2 days agoMan Utd in Talks With Championship Club to Sell Toby Collyer
-
Metro22 hours agoNDLEA arrests Lagos socialite KC Luxury, seizes cocaine worth N39bn
-
Politics2 days agoOsun election: Tinubu lost, APC afraid of 2027 – Dele Momodu
-
Metro1 day agoSuspected gunmen kill 20, injure others in Plateau
-
Sports24 hours agoNewcastle Discuss Move to Sign Carlos Baleba Ahead of Man Utd
-
Sports1 day agoBruno Fernandes To Stay At Man Utd Despite €20m-A-Year Galatasaray Offer







